Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 08:17 PM

Default every. single. time.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

i exaggerate, but i really do feel like this is happening to me at least 6 or 7 times out of 10. am i running bad, or is this what i should expect in this game?
Old 09-16-2005, 08:21 PM

Default Re: every. single. time.

I don't play 10/20, and I don't do the turn c/r bluff very often, but this exactly the type of board I'd try it on.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:57 PM

This board is pretty raggy and you don't have showdown value. Anyone else think these are two good reasons to check the turn?

Not sure I like the UTG raise until one knows how to respond to these situations too.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This board is pretty raggy and you don't have showdown value. Anyone else think these are two good reasons to check the turn?

Not sure I like the UTG raise until one knows how to respond to these situations too.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, bet this turn and then do check the turn when you have showdown value.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is this what i should expect in this game?

[/ QUOTE ]yeah.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In an game like that or againast a player with high turn aggression, is it better to check a weak hand on the turn with showdown value rather than value-betting the turn? like an unimproved AK or 3rd pair HU.

I guess my question is:

Is it better to value bet the turn HU in position in aggressive games, where you risk getting checkraised and then have to decide whether to call the turn and river bet

-or-

is it better to check through the turn with a marginal holdings HU in position at risk of giving an opponent infinite odds with what ever he's holding so that you maybe induce a bluff and you certainly dont get pushed off the winner.

I'm playing 5/10 6 max right now and relentlessly value-betting is the best option there but I'm rapidly approaching a 10/20 6-max bankroll and want to get ready for what I might see their and maybe higher.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In an game like that or againast a player with high turn aggression, is it better to check a weak hand on the turn with showdown value rather than value-betting the turn? like an unimproved AK or 3rd pair HU.

I guess my question is:

Is it better to value bet the turn HU in position in aggressive games, where you risk getting checkraised and then have to decide whether to call the turn and river bet

-or-

is it better to check through the turn with a marginal holdings HU in position at risk of giving an opponent infinite odds with what ever he's holding so that you maybe induce a bluff and you certainly dont get pushed off the winner.

I'm playing 5/10 6 max right now and relentlessly value-betting is the best option there but I'm rapidly approaching a 10/20 6-max bankroll and want to get ready for what I might see their and maybe higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

weve had this whole betting/checking the turn discussion like a million times this month. do a search or something.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:46 PM

Haven't been around too much this month. I'll check it out.