Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 12:43 AM

Default I got scared but I think it\'s ok

Am I playing better for 3/6?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 4 BB
Old 09-16-2005, 01:03 AM

Default Re: I got scared but I think it\'s ok

Against a passive or unknown you should bet/fold the turn because you don't want to give a free card and you can get value out of 22,44,55,66, Ax.

Against an aggressive player capable of checkraising with an inferior hand or who will bluff the river a high frequency of time, the best play is probably your line of checking and calling the river. Yea he might have 6 outs, but you more than make up for this lost value by picking off a river bluff and not folding the best hand. You also save a bet against Kx, 8x, or trip 3s and don't forfeit your two outs if behind.