Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 12:30 PM

Default AK hand.

3-table $33 on Party. First orbit or two so no reads. Can anyone find a fold here, ever?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter

MP3 (t1330)
CO (t1215)
Button (t975)
Hero (t985)
BB (t970)
UTG (t985)
UTG+1 (t335)
UTG+2 (t885)
MP1 (t955)
MP2 (t1365)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t90</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t165</font>, UTG+2 calls t150, MP2 folds, CO folds, Hero calls t75.

Flop: (t522.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t150</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls t150.

Turn: (t822.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t150</font>, Hero calls t150.

River: (t1122.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t225</font>, Hero calls t225.

Final Pot: t1575
Old 09-12-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Re: AK hand.

Why are we trying to find a fold here???

Once that perfect flop came down and even better turn, I can't wait to get my money in here.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:39 PM

I don't know about you, but I get queasy when I get min-reraised PF. Once I call PF though, I guess folding postflop would be rather silly.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:42 PM

I'd be very worried about villain having aces (or kings) here, although you really can't get away from this hand. If you lost this hand, then you lost the minimum.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be very worried about villain having aces (or kings) here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a bad way to go about this hand, IMHO. Villain will have AQ or AJ far more often than he will have AA or KK. Focus on maximizing how many chips you win here instead of minimizing your losses in these monster-under-the-bed situations.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:45 PM

I don't know how you can check-call TPTK on a safe flop and then top 2 pair on the turn. If you are going to call the reraise, what better flop could you realistically hope for?

You must define your hand and a check-raise on the flop is definitely the place to do it.

There is only one re-raisable hand PF that still beats you on the flop and that is AA. How can you not think you likely have the best hand on that flop?
Old 09-12-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how you can check-call TPTK on a safe flop and then top 2 pair on the turn. If you are going to call the reraise, what better flop could you realistically hope for?

You must define your hand and a check-raise on the flop is definitely the place to do it.

There is only one re-raisable hand PF that still beats you on the flop and that is AA. How can you not think you likely have the best hand on that flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain can easily have AA OR KK here.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a bad way to go about this hand, IMHO. Villain will have AQ or AJ far more often than he will have AA or KK. Focus on maximizing how many chips you win here instead of minimizing your losses in these monster-under-the-bed situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please direct me to the sites where people minreraise AQ and AJ from the blinds.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain can easily have AA OR KK here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Define "easily." Easily like "Man, it would suck if he had that?" Or easily like "probabilistically." Because if it's the latter, you have to check your numbers. There are only 2 combined ways for him to hold these hands!
Old 09-12-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please direct me to the sites where people minreraise AQ and AJ from the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Party Poker 33+3 SnGs. Play more hands.