Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2003, 06:50 PM

Default Interesting Article

Check this article out. I thought it was pretty good. It's about concentration camp liberation. web page
Old 04-29-2003, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Interesting Article

War is always pretty brutal no matter how you spin it - it's just that the victor tends to spin it his way. That article is a good example of this, although there are a lot of others from that era. As best I can tell, the only one of the major combatants (Germany, Russia, UK, Japan, USA) that didn't rack up a laundry list of human rights violations and war crimes were the British. Certainly, they did some things that weren't what anyone would call admirable (bombing residential areas without especially good reasons), but I'd say they stopped short of commiting the more gruesome types of things - the sort depicted in that article.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Interesting Article

[img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] i visited a concentration camp in then communist east germany in 1973...commies related nazi power to capitalism...somehow i thought it was a cheap shot..., but the plaCE HAD AN UNEASY , unmistakeable evil to it...that was impossible to not notice..or fergit...man, it really happened..unbelievable...yet in cambodia "the killing fields"...ez to get cynical...hug your children...jmho..gl [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]