Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2002, 11:44 PM

Default The Al-Qaida Hostages

It is my belief the conditions that the terrorist hostages are being kept in are inhumane and totally and utterly.

These men are either prisoners of war (and if they are they should be kept in conditions set out in the geneva treaty) or they are criminal suspects and as such should be given the right to seek legal representation.

To make a new catergory is a slur on the US justice system.

How can anyone be 100% that every man in captivity is certainly a terrorist at this stage?

This whole thing sickens me.
Old 01-17-2002, 07:47 AM

Default Re: The Al-Qaida Hostages

I guess it wouldn't be a problem now if the US had just killed them in Afghanistan.

I think the only rights a terrorist should have are to meet a bullet with his name on it ASAP.

When dealing with people who are avowed to kill you, and are incorrigibly committed to this ideal and are avidly trying to implement it, the only prudent course is to kill them first.

These guys are lucky to be alive.

The problem with the "prisoners-of-war" designation in these cases, is that historically, POW's give up their attempts to kill you after their country is defeated. These guys will never give up and it's not like their "country" will surrender...their avowed goal is to destroy the USA, and in the words of Osama bin-Laden, to kill and plunder all taxpaying American males wherever they can be found. So let's realize what we are dealing with here.

The problem with treating them as "criminals" deserving full protection under the law is that they are simply too damn dangerous and there are too many of them. I say gather what information we can from those we have in custody and set about methodically eliminating the rest. This is no time to tiptoe through the tulips...next time it might not just be a few jetliners...it might be a few nuclear bombs.

I think the US interrogators will be quite thorough and I don;t think we are likely to be wrongfully imprisoning someone in Cuba right now. After all these guys are supposed to be most hard-core of the hard-core--the worst of the worst. I agree that the spectre of someone wrongfully held in Cuba would be appalling...but I think the chances of that are extremely low, and even if it were to happen it would almost surely be discovered. After al these guys are being interrogated...an innocent would sday he was innocent. From what I've read that is the last thing on these terrorists' minds...rather, they are threatening to kill their captors.

Old 01-17-2002, 09:53 AM

They are in the Caribbean, getting 3 squares a day (politically/religiously correct meals), fresh air and sunshine. How many of our homeless would like to trade places with them? This is inhumane?
Old 01-17-2002, 03:43 PM

Default Kill Each and Every One of Them....

....and do so less than humanely. These scumbags seek to kill our children, our spouses, friends for no other reason than that we're Americans. F*ck all al-quaida and f*ck all who dare suggest that theses animals have ANY rights at all.

And to you hawk67: exactly what legal representation were the people in the WTC or in any of the 4 jets given? You sound like an ACLU douchebag
Old 01-17-2002, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Kill Each and Every One of Them....

I don't know why I am bothering to reply, since your comments are those of a fascist.

You treat people like that, (and they are humans no matter how much you despise them) and you make the whole "war" illegitimate.

That's if you can call bombing defenceless innocents a war of course.
Old 01-17-2002, 07:52 PM

they eat grasshoppers and live in caves and now are in the carribean getting special ethnic food. not so bad for a prisoner of war. remember what americans got from the germans, japenese, koreans, vietcong.

and remember what they did when they got a prisoner, they just would torture them brutally and kill them.
Old 01-17-2002, 07:59 PM

We live in a just society.

They do not.

Do you want to maintain our standard of living... or fall to theirs?
Old 01-18-2002, 03:32 AM

We didn't bomb defenseless innocents in Afghanistan. There may have been some collateral damage and loss of life but a bit of that is unavoidable.

The Afghani people WANTED us there to help rid them of the horrible and oppressive Taliban, and the foreign occupiers (al Qaeda).

It's not an issue of despising them or not IMO. It's that these guys are trying to kill YOU and ME, and ALL of your family and your best friends too. GOT IT YET? HELLO???

Old 01-18-2002, 11:35 AM

>We didn't bomb defenseless innocents in >Afghanistan. There may have been some collateral >damage and loss of life but a bit of that is >unavoidable.

How much "collateral damage" was done? How much loss of life was there? I don't have any reliable 3rd party numbers reporting it to me. Do you? If so, could I see it?

>It's not an issue of despising them or not IMO. >It's that these guys are trying to kill YOU and >ME, and ALL of your family and your best friends >too. GOT IT YET? HELLO???

Why do you assume thehawk is an american? (From his previous posts and spelling of words like 'defence' I garner he isn't). How do you know he is not a muslim living outside the US? If so, I don't think he has much to worry about.

Yes al Qaeda is made up of a lot of fanatics. However, I don't think that means we need to be just as fanatic in our approach in stamping them out. I read an article on yahoo about how the US is now turning a blind eye to human rights abuses worldwide if they are in the name of stamping out terrorism. I hope we do not have a repeat performance of the beatings, tortures and murders that occurred in the name of fighting communism.
Old 01-18-2002, 12:25 PM

I didn't bother to catalog the news reports of collateral damage which I've read in the news; my statement is based on the totality of the news reports I've read and seen, nothing more, nothing less.

I agree human rights should not be overlooked when dealing with worldwide terrorism. However I also can't help but wonder just what human rights terrorists are deserving of--considering that they arbitrarily and routinely take away the right to life itself, from the most defenseless and innocent members of the world community. I think we need to be sure we are dealing with terrorists and that there are not mistaken cases of identity...but once we are sure we've got them, I don't give their human rights the highest priority. Rather I would say that preventing them from killing more innocent civilians, and gathering information to prevent their followers and contacts from targeting more civilians, takes higher priority. After all what is the most basic human right of all?...the right to life itself. Terrorists would deprive you or I or any uninvolved party of this. So they must lose some of their own human rights, if necessary, in order to that we can thwart their evil designs.