Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2003, 10:36 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default folding to a call. a big lapse in attention

ill take the stupid play of the week award

still getting my live legs back. easing back into the 'grind'. while trying not to make it the grind i remember. meaning: having a little more fun playing. but damn it feels so relaxing to be back on a live table.

i know i played this hand bad, no need to analyze. since my comeback it seems to happen about once a session where 1 hand goes sideways. like in vegas folding the str8flush on the river. but it was kind of a funny story.

very casual table...

i flop top pair 9 with a crap kicker on a rainbow board. i bet get 3 callers.

turn Q

i bet out, get 3 callers BUT, for some reason i think an LP (preflop raiser) player, across the table, has raised. i fold saying, 'AQ is good'. the dealer, and a bunch of players stop and are looking at me. guy next to me asks, suprisingly, what im doing.

i say, "folding to a raise."

"no one raised" a couple players say, including the dealer, looking at me incredulously.

i point to the LP "he raised"

couple guys shake their head that no, he didnt. along with a few, 'no he didnt's'

i roll my eyes, opening my mouth to stretch my jaw, muster a weak sarcastic 'great...'

where's a rock i can crawl under

goes to showdown. the LP looks at me curiously as he rolls over AQ and takes the pot. telling me, nice read. and keeps looking at me as he stacks his chips. after the hand i had a conversation with the guy next to me going over the play again. we end up chuckling at the hand.

hindsight fact that doesnt really matter but was kind of interesting: i was also outkicked by another player so in effect i only had 3 outs. not that that justifies folding at all.

i seriously thought the guy raised. but i saved some chips. haha

still getting my footing back

other than that, posted the first winning session of the year! woo hoo!

you can totally blow a hand in a session and still come back and play good. reminds me kinda like blowing a hole in golf, then coming back.

seems in my comeback, im playing real well, until one hand comes up in the session where i cant play it any worse. worse than worse. worse than textbook sh*tty. like all the mistakes in a session come in 1 hand. wham!

have fun [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

b