Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 11:44 AM

Default K high HU vs aggressive players flop c/r

Villian is 37/18. He's c/r'ed me a few times and i've just given up. Totally lost in this one, i'll let everyone else have their say then go from there.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB
Old 09-08-2005, 06:26 PM

Default Re: K high HU vs aggressive players flop c/r

The presence of the gutshot wheel draw on the flop would dissuade from looking him up with K-high here. What was his AF? I'd rather 3-bet him on the flop or raise the turn (although the 4 pairing here opens you up to a bluff 3-bet) if his AF was either too high or too low.

Also, against some players like this I'm not completely averse to checking behind on a ragged flop and getting to showdown cheaply in this spot.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:27 PM

Villain has to be bluffing close to half the time if hero checks the flop and proceeds to call down.

I suck at math, but i think that's right.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:52 PM

After his c/r the pot is just short of 4bbs, i have to pay 2.5 to call down, so i need to either improve to the best hand or be winning AND not get outdrawn 1/2.6 or roughly 40% of the time. I'll improve to the best hand, say 5 outs, 1/8, 12%, so he needs to beb bluffing 28% of the time, say 1/3.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:00 PM

I was referring to mm's plan of checking the flop then calling down.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:03 PM

I def effed this up. While i think he is bluffing enough i need to remove him from the hands that are bluffing yet still beat me, Axs A5o

It seemed his flop bluffing range was anything from 56 67 to Axs, a5o, any flush draw, and a very possible chance of a random overcard bluff like TJ.

Given that hands with 4s and 3s are in slim numbers it's A3 A4 98s 9ts a9 low pockets vs bluffs, i think i can def call down if i could beat a ace high bluff here, not being able to beat that means i'm going to have to invest 3.5 thanks to the river raise. That changes my success rate needed but i don't think it matters that much because of the big increase in made hands that may fold thanks to the ten. I still think calling down has value but if i'm not raising the river then i should probably fold it since that ten completed a lot of other things.

I def think i should be going to showdown here but i should def raise the river. Turns out he had A7s and i got the 'lol' in the chat box later, that everyone does when they think they were bluffing but ended up value betting.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:11 PM

Raise the turn, if you improve bet again. Raising the river is results oriented thinking.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain has to be bluffing close to half the time if hero checks the flop and proceeds to call down.

I suck at math, but i think that's right.

[/ QUOTE ]

On a 9443 board, KQ has well over 50% equity against his range. It's just a matter of how often he fires twice after you check behind on the flop. I think a guy with his numbers will do that a lot.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:16 PM

I think raising the turn and checking the river is stupid.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:41 PM

Raising the turn and betting the river is much better than raising the river, because at least you will have some equity on the money going into the turn, and if he decides to check the river then you lost value against his draw.