Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2003, 05:30 PM

Default Amarillo Slim\'s shenanigans

Acting on a tip I recieved from a post by Martin Aigner in the Internet forum from about a month ago, I purchased the videos for the World's headsup championships in vienna, and, as pronounced by Martin, it is the best poker footage I have ever seen. Slim pulls a move in this video that he should be ashamed of, and, being that gossip IS part of this forum's title, I'd like to hear about some more interesting angle shots, by Slim or anyone else for that matter(Cliffs version of the move: Ron Rose has KK vs Slim's KJo Flop comes K56 rainbow, RR checks, Slim says "You check, I bet. If you bet, I pass". RR raises all in(which would put Slim all in), and Slim says, "OK, let's go, and flips up his cards as he fingers his previous bet while watching RR out of the corner of his eye. RR turns over his lock, and Slim sees it, then throws the chips from previous bet over to RR, tries to muck his cards, and says somethign to the effect of "Let's Go", meaning "I'm gone", as in he folds. Pit asks if he said the word call, which he didn't, and Slim gets away with it. Interestingly enough, in a later match, he says"Let's go, and it happens to mean he calls. Of course, this time, it was when he had the nuts on the river.) Other comments on the 2001 Headsup video.

-the guy who folded his 10-4 against Layne Flack's 10-4 with A2593 on the board made, very possibly, the worst fold I have ever seen by a supposedly high-level player. Mind you, I don't remember How much was in the pot, so maybe it just wasn't worthwhile if it was a small amount, but I seem to remember it being at least worth a call even B4 Layne's allin. He may as well have just bent over and pulled his skirt up after that play.

-Simon "Aces" Trumper certainly seems to be a brilliant player, but he also seems to be the first to yet you know he is, both by his actions and the commentary. His call on the river with 3's over WAS pretty impressive, at least to me, and the hand where his hand was called dead with him holding KK after him thinking for over TEN MINUTES about calling a big reraise preflop(opponent also had KK), either one of the dumbest or most brilliant things I have ever seen at the poker table; I can't quite figure out which. I will say, however, that the countdown to his hand being called dead was exceptionally suspenseful, almost like waiting for the monster to attack in a horror film.

I highly recommend this video to anyone who is interested in poker e.g. ANYONE READING THIS! 2001 is fantastic, 2002 doesn't seem quite as good, although I haven't yet finished watching it.