Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Lack of Aggression After Huge Loss

Ok there was a huge loss thread, but the guy didnt say he ever went back to play, well I did and heres the story. I lost 2 and a half buy ins at the 200 PL level, my usual game, I was down 500 bucks. I hadnt ended the day in the red like that in months. It had happened before, but not at the 200 level. Anyway over the last month my aggression had increased a lot and I had won more than ever before, but after the loss I was not so eager to be aggressive.

I took the following day off after the loss to think about my game, but when I went back today I was a wuss. I really was, I was just scared of putting money in the pot, just wasnt stealing pots like crazy like before, I played very very scared. Just wondering how do I get over it? I won today, but the aggression wasnt there, any ideas?
Old 09-08-2005, 05:23 AM

Default Re: Lack of Aggression After Huge Loss

You should reread books/post to reaffirm your confidence in the knowledge you have. Also, reading new books/posts could give you new knowledge which may create a new confidence.

After big losses I go back and hit the books to make sure I haven't sprung a big leak. If I have, I fix it and feel better. If I havent, I feel better knowing that I havent.