Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Two-Pair Facing Re--Re-Raises....

Heads-Up. Villain had been very aggro and gotten the lucky side of it, cleaning everyone else out of the table.

We both limped/checked pre-flop, so a set would have been weird.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 3 handed) converter

Hero ($61.68)
BB ($0)
Button ($81.45)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.25. Button posts a blind of $0.50.
Hero (poster) completes, Button (poster) checks.

Flop: ($1) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $15</font>,

HERO DOES WHAT???

Also, what should I have done after his flop min-raise to $2?

Also, I guess, what should I have lead the flop with?

-Thanks-
Old 09-07-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Two-Pair Facing Re--Re-Raises....

This is the kind of guy that goes to the felt with 45 here. You said it yourself, a set is highly unlikely. Maybe he slowplayed Aces or something, but I'm not giving him credit for K5.

I would just shove. You could reraise to like 30 for value but then he might get wise and just call with his 45 or AA. Just push it all in there and smile when you drag the pot.

Sorry if he had K5, but the way you described the guy, you're ahead here more often than you're behind

Everett
Old 09-07-2005, 03:21 PM

He could have K5, 55, depends how agressive he is with flush draws or top pair.. or bottom two etc
Old 09-07-2005, 03:25 PM

Its a tough spot here. As always with heads up it depends on your read and such, how many hands will he play like this are you ahead of? The only thing that stands out as bad so far is your reraise to $5. It's too small. I'd make it like 8 or 9. Hes not folding any hand here so you really dont get any information. You also probably can get away from it versus some opponents if he reraises that bet again, as you are either way behind (except like 45?) or up against a draw which you may not even be any significant favorite against.

Heads up is so much about table dynamics and stuff like that though so its really hard to get good advice for this type of situation.

-Jason
Old 09-07-2005, 04:12 PM

Heads up I play that like it's the nuts. Raise flop bigger, push after the three bet.