Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 03:46 AM

Default When are you too old for college?

Lately I've been thinking about possibly going to college. I'm not sure if I want to wait a couple more years or not, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm getting too old to go to college. I'm certainly getting dumber as time passes. I'm currently 20, when do you think it's too late for me to go to college? I don't want to be that 30 year old guy on campus chasing the freshmen cherries, err well maybe I do.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:49 AM

Default Re: When are you too old for college?

...uh... never...

20 is definitely not to late. Plenty of people take a year or two off after high school to travel/work/whatever. You'll be fine.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:49 AM

Definitely not too late. At community colleges there are people in their 30s and 40s. You should go - at least take a few units every semester so that you're gradually working towards a degree.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lately I've been thinking about possibly going to college. I'm not sure if I want to wait a couple more years or not, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm getting too old to go to college. I'm certainly getting dumber as time passes. I'm currently 20, when do you think it's too late for me to go to college? I don't want to be that 30 year old guy on campus chasing the freshmen cherries, err well maybe I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you're twenty? Yeah, forget about it- you're too old for college… although I hear McDonalds is hiring… never too old for that.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:01 AM

i didnt mean to imply that 20 is too old for college. i posted this because i want to know if i wait until im 25 will it be too late and awkward. im thinking about whether i want to attend college within a few years or not and i fear it may be awkward when im older.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:08 AM

Yeah, I knew that, but you're never too old to go to college. If you want to go to the ones that have parties and what not (i.e., you're not going to just study), then yes, get in there before you turn 24.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:42 AM

Are you talking about attending college or living the college lifestyle?

25 is really pushing it as far as becoming a creepy older guy that shouldn't be hanging out with freshman. Go asap, it's easy and a lot of fun.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:58 AM

I think you probably want to wait a couple years to take advantage of the current poker boom, but I think you should at the least start taking some GE classes at a local community college to start to try to find out what you want to do. These don't take much time and you will have plenty of time to play poker.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:17 AM

I went when I was 18, then went back 8 years later. I enjoyed it much better the second time around.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:51 AM

I'm struggling with this as well. I'm 24 now and I want to go back and finish my degree. Granted, I have a year or two under my belt, but it's still weird. I got a job in my field and the money was too good to pass up at the time. But, mostly for personal reasons, I want to go back and finish my degree. Unfortunately, I'm not a poker pro or independently wealthy, so I'll have to do it class by class at night. Hopefully I graduated by 35.