Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 12:57 AM

Default KTs liking itself to much?

PFR here is way LAGGY preflop only, but backs down postflop if played back at. Anybody like this flop or hate it?

Most ppl seem loose, passive-ish. early hand, so dunno

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, UTG calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets....
Old 09-05-2005, 01:14 AM

Default Re: KTs liking itself to much?

The things I dislike about the flop raise is that UTG already called and the board has two diamonds. Plus I don't think the loose passies will fold often enough to make this work. Folding others in the pot is important because you want to clean up your pair outs.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:46 AM

I don't like this call at all. But then again, I don't play 2/4...
Old 09-05-2005, 01:47 AM

Table seems loose so its look perfectly fine.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on this, your KTs should've been folded preflop. You can't play this hand for a profit from EP unless you know the game is very loose/passive (and even then it's marginal).

I'd like the flop raise a lot more if the 9 were a club. As it is, you're raising a flop with a good amount of draw potential, in a small stakes game, with a large pot--you aren't going to fold out enough of your opponents often enough to make this raise worth doing.

When you catch the perfect turn card, your play after that is pretty straightforward.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:02 AM

Playing KTs at the right table in early position can't be that marginal, considering many posters are raising KJs there.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on this, your KTs should've been folded preflop. You can't play this hand for a profit from EP unless you know the game is very loose/passive (and even then it's marginal).

I'd like the flop raise a lot more if the 9 were a club. As it is, you're raising a flop with a good amount of draw potential, in a small stakes game, with a large pot--you aren't going to fold out enough of your opponents often enough to make this raise worth doing.

When you catch the perfect turn card, your play after that is pretty straightforward.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never fold two suited broadways preflop in EP at 2/4. You have to think you have superior postflop play and this is a solid multiway hand for Flush and Straight draws.

The flop raise on this hand is marginal, but not a bad idea trying to clean up some outs, buy position and possibly a free card. With all that said I guess I really don't dislike the move. Granted not all of those things happpened but then again you got a great turn card so it did not matter [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

nh
Old 09-05-2005, 02:05 AM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

[ QUOTE ]
Playing KTs at the right table in early position can't be that marginal, considering many posters are raising KJs there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, i agree. Unless the table is unusually tight for 2/4, i'm limping this in EP. Flop raise is pretty bad though.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you're giving up much by folding it there, even on a loose/passive table. As always, though, I'm speaking from gut instinct &amp; not any empirical evidence (because I'm too lazy to do the grunt work [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]).
Old 09-05-2005, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I never fold two suited broadways preflop in EP at 2/4. You have to think you have superior postflop play and this is a solid multiway hand for Flush and Straight draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't mind me asking, how are you doing with KTs on EP limps?

Not trying to be a smartass; I'm genuinely curious because I routinely fold this hand on 2/4.