Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Question for people using notebook for dual monitors

Looking to be doing this in quasi-near future so starting to research a bit.

For people who have a notebook computer and use it with their desktop computer for dual monitors, how do you do it?

1.) Do you use the notebook as a second monitor connected to your desktop or do you simply connect your desktop monitor to your notebook computer?

2.) Is it better to run pokertracker on the notebook for times when you travel? Or is it not a problem to update the database in order to keep it up to date on both computers?

3.) Does your notebook have digital output? Is this standard w/ most notebooks currently? If you use your notebook as a second monitor connected to your desktop, is it compatable with a dual DVI graphics card (is essentially what I'm trying to figure out).
Old 09-10-2005, 03:31 AM

Default Re: Question for people using notebook for dual monitors

helpful forum
Old 09-10-2005, 05:24 AM

1)

I own the Dell inspiron 9100 (17in widescreen) laptop. My max resolution for its screen is 1680x1050 which is good enough for 4 tabling with no overlap on the tables (chat boxes go off the screen). I have that connected to my Dell 2001fp 20.1in monitor, which I have positioned above my laptop. This setup works great for 8 tabling.

2)

I don't have 2 computers, just an extra monitor. The database is always on my laptop.

3)

I don't exactly know what you mean about connecting your laptop monitor to a desktop. A laptop is a computer, it doesn't need to be hooked up to one. Extra monitors can be added to it. A safe way to solve this laptop/desktop confusion is to simply take the computer off of your lap and set it on a desk...
Old 09-10-2005, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
helpful forum

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you wont get any any more help now.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:52 AM

How do I hook up the extra monitor to my laptop? I have a dell inspiron 9200 and want to start 8tabling easier with a 2nd monitor. How does the extra monitor hook up to the laptop?
Old 09-16-2005, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do I hook up the extra monitor to my laptop? I have a dell inspiron 9200 and want to start 8tabling easier with a 2nd monitor. How does the extra monitor hook up to the laptop?

[/ QUOTE ]
there should be a connection on the back of your laptop.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:30 PM

Ok i have it connected now...and im just getting a mirror image of the laptops screen...with no apparent way to change it in the settings. What now?
Old 09-16-2005, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
helpful forum

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you wont get any any more help now.

[/ QUOTE ]

#3312135 - 09/03/05 07:47 PM

#3367762 - 09/10/05 03:31 AM

[/discussion] [/justification]
Old 09-16-2005, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1)

I own the Dell inspiron 9100 (17in widescreen) laptop. My max resolution for its screen is 1680x1050 which is good enough for 4 tabling with no overlap on the tables (chat boxes go off the screen). I have that connected to my Dell 2001fp 20.1in monitor, which I have positioned above my laptop. This setup works great for 8 tabling.

2)

I don't have 2 computers, just an extra monitor. The database is always on my laptop.

3)

I don't exactly know what you mean about connecting your laptop monitor to a desktop. A laptop is a computer, it doesn't need to be hooked up to one. Extra monitors can be added to it. A safe way to solve this laptop/desktop confusion is to simply take the computer off of your lap and set it on a desk...

[/ QUOTE ]

You might have answered my question. What I meant was if people use their notebook computers as a second monitor to their desktop computer.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:27 PM

People are more helpful if they don't have to answer trivially easy questions. Please play nice.