Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 04:40 AM

Default 64s flops a straight 10/20nl

Haven't played much NL lately so I was little lost in this hand.
5 handed at ladbrokes. Decent player($1500) limps utg, I($2900) limp next with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Two fold and BB($3200) raises to $80 both of us call.
Flop is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB bets $101, UTG miniraises to $202, me????

BB is loose and I bluffed him a bit earlier and he made a call with 2nd pair crap kicker. But is as well capable of folding hands.
I dont have a good read of UTG but I have played fixed against him earlier and there I remember couple of hands where I pushed draws hard hup against him.
Old 09-03-2005, 06:45 AM

Default Re: 64s flops a straight 10/20nl

You've got two options here:

1) Play it like you're drawing for now: smooth call, then plan to raise huge on a safe turn (no diamond, no board pair)

2) Raise right now.

BB's $100 bet after $80 pf seems like he doesn't have much of anything, so I think raising right now is best, it'll get money in the middle when you're ahead. And you've been pushing draws, so it's not like he'll automatically give you credit for a huge made hand.