Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Two Hands Last Night

These hands came near the near the end of a frusrating night, maybe I was getting too aggressive?

Hand 1:

CO is loose and semi-aggressive pre-flop, BB is loose and very aggressive pre-flop and on the flop, MP3 was 76/7 after 50 hands.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
1 fold, Hero raises, 2 folds, MP3 calls, CO 3-bets, 2 folds, BB caps, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 players)
BB bets, Hero raises, MP3 folds, CO 3-bets, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, CO bets, BB calls, Hero folds.

Preflop: I figured CO could be 3-betting with AK-ATs, or AA-TT. I really didn't want to see this come back to me capped, but BB is 57/32/4 and I didn't think a cap from him necessarily meant AA-QQ. Either way, the pot was getting big, and MP3 and CO were sure to come along.

Flop: The only reasonable hand that beats me is an overpair, and BB has been very aggressive on past flops. I didn't feel like I could fold this, and since the bet came from my right, I raised hoping to fold out MP3 and CO. When CO 3-bet I put him on AA-TT, but the pot was giving me odds to draw to a set.

Turn: Getting 14.75 to 1 and sure that I was beat, I didn't want to put any more bets in with 99.

Hand 2:

Button is loose and aggressive pre-flop and on the flop - 57/34/4

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
4 folds, Button calls, 1 fold, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero bets, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, Button calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero bets, Button calls.

River: (6.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero bets, Button raises, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Pre-flop: 57/34 open-limping from the button, he could have a lot of hands here.

Flop: Was the 3-bet too much? I figured at the time that he could be raising on a bluff, holding a weak A or K, T9, or any piece of the board. Would this guy really have open-limped with an A though? Maybe I should have just called this down, a bigger Q is quite possible, but I tend to assume that TP is good heads-up. Heads-up play is definitely something I need to work on.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Two Hands Last Night

Hand 1: I think you played it fine, and the reasoning was right, with those reads.

Hand 2: I tend not to 3-bet TP with a bad kicker HU OOP, especially into an aggressive villain, but that might be incorrect. I think I would have called his raise, then check-raised him on the turn when you made your 2 pair. River bet/call is what I would have done, like you.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I think you played it fine, and the reasoning was right, with those reads.

Hand 2: I tend not to 3-bet TP with a bad kicker HU OOP, especially into an aggressive villain, but that might be incorrect. I think I would have called his raise, then check-raised him on the turn when you made your 2 pair. River bet/call is what I would have done, like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand #2: donkbet the turn and 3-bet if raised [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2005, 01:43 PM

Sigh. Yeah, donkbet the aggressive villain. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]