Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 07:34 PM

Default Stars $11... a bit too much...

BB and UTG are playing fast and loose... any A in any position is good. I wasn't paying close enough attention to how little I was check-raising all-in for on the turn. I may have been able to dump it on the flop, but let's focus on the turn. I guess I'm looking for comments on my C/R and how much of a stack I probably should have had before I pulled that one. It made me sick when he sat there until time ran out, called the time bank, and called with 2 seconds left <font color=" white">and his shitty A6o held up</font>.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button (t1245)
<font color="#C00000">Hero (t1775)</font>
<font color="#C00000">BB (t2410)</font>
UTG (t4800)
MP (t2180)
CO (t1090)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t200</font>, BB calls t150.

Flop: (t400) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t400</font>, Hero calls t200.

Turn: (t1200) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t450</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1175</font>, BB calls t725.

River: (t3550) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t3550

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Jc Ks (one pair, kings).
BB has 6s Ad (two pair, aces and sixes).
Outcome: BB wins t3550. </font>
Old 08-30-2005, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Stars $11... a bit too much...

Fold flop? No need to draw here.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I'm looking for comments on my C/R and how much of a stack I probably should have had before I pulled that one

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, it can be a good play at higher levels, but the way this hand and opponent look, he has an Ace fairly often, and will be calling when he does, even against larger checkraises.

I think you have odds to just call on the turn, with the combination of your flush draw, 2-pair/trips draw, and the chance you are ahead... plus the fact that he will pay off your two pair/trips often and maybe your flush.

Oh, but before that, I think I fold to his flop minraise unless he will do that with air.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I fold to his flop minraise unless he will do that with air.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I forgot to mention that I've seen him do this.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I fold to his flop minraise unless he will do that with air.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I forgot to mention that I've seen him do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

That changes a lot actually, since you have reason to believe you're ahead on the turn.

I still like calling over the c/r though.

Then on the river, check call if you don't improve to catch bluffs, and bet out if you do improve, hoping he has the Ace.