Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Two mistakes in one hand?

Two big ugly mistakes in one hand. I hate when I do that.

Villain is 30/20 over 60 hands EDIT (let's assume 600 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]).

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB
Old 08-30-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Two mistakes in one hand?

You seem to know what you did wrong already. I'm gonna say the turn and river bets. If you check the turn through, and bb leads, easy river call?
Old 08-30-2005, 04:56 PM

Directly after making the turn bet I realized it was a mistake to the best of my knowledge.

At the river I figured he would probably bet out Ax, so when he checked I assumed (or maybe hoped) that he didn't have Ax but a lower pair.

So I took the oppurtunity to "value" bet.

Of course if he is a good player he should realize that my most probable holding after betting a drawless board like this is Ax, right?

That is the main point of this post I guess. I have never looked at it that way. I normally just bet out my Ax on the river after calling F+T without much thinking.

Villain in this hand had Ax and he played it perfectly, right?
Old 08-30-2005, 05:00 PM

The only thing I don't get is villains open limp. If I'm villain there, I do what you said you would do is, c/c, c/c bet. He played it pretty well knowing that you would bet a worse hand because he didn't pull the "standard" line for Ax.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:03 PM

I think I made a mistake to bet the turn because I feel his most likly hand by far (more than 80%) is Ax. I wouldn't have called a river bet.

If I was planning to call a river bet I would just have bet the turn instead.