Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 11:21 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default keeping em in on a scary board

terrible LAG (60/25/1.5) opens from the button, I call in the SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 70/15/1/45 wtsd calls in the BB

flop K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players, 3 BB)

I bet, BB calls getting 7-1, button raises, I call, BB calls getting 11-1

turn 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players, 6 BB)

I bet, BB folds, button raises, I 3-bet

I think it's ok to do this with KJ. is it ok to do it with AA?
Old 08-30-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Re: keeping em in on a scary board

I think it's definitely ok with KJ, I'm not sure about AA, but why wouldn't you 3-bet pf in either case? I can see the argument for just calling with each hand respectively but not both.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:31 AM

I don't get the preflop call. BB will call a 3-bet often and against 2 seemingly terrible players I don't see the point of being deceptive.

I don't get the flop call. You're letting BB call profitable with gut-shots and pairs.

EDIT: my comments are regarding AA...
Old 08-30-2005, 11:34 AM

I do not understand the preflop call, can you explain that?

after that, I think it's a fine line with both. your stop and go with a twotone board looks like a split pair of kings or jacks, so even a tag will raise this turn with as little as KQ.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:35 AM

Hey Josh,

Your hand is so misrepresented you have to 3-bet and call a cap IMO.

Preflop I really don't get as well. This is the ideal sort of player to 3-bet against because you'll often earn yourself a lot more action.

Rob
Old 08-30-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're letting BB call profitable with gut-shots and pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe on the last call he can, but overall he got 5:1 odds to see the turn so it's not like he's making money calling with those hands here.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe on the last call he can, but overall he got 5:1 odds to see the turn so it's not like he's making money calling with those hands here.

[/ QUOTE ]
This reasoning is flawed, right? He's not making money, but if we can put him in one more unprofitable situation we should, no?
Old 08-30-2005, 11:45 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop I really don't get as well. This is the ideal sort of player to 3-bet against because you'll often earn yourself a lot more action.

[/ QUOTE ]

because there's a moron in the BB
Old 08-30-2005, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This reasoning is flawed, right? He's not making money, but if we can put him in one more unprofitable situation we should, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely, the tradeoff is to wait for the turn and possibly get 2bbs out of him.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's definitely ok with KJ, I'm not sure about AA, but why wouldn't you 3-bet pf in either case? I can see the argument for just calling with each hand respectively but not both.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of combined 2 hands. I don't remember what happened preflop with KJ but I flopped top 2 against a LAG and the asme idiot in the BB. I might've called KJo from the BB against a LAG UTG or UTG+1 raise. both hands happened this morning and I think both had a KJ. I didn't remember what happened so I turned it into one hand, but the concept was the same. keep em in even if they could have outs because they probably don't. with AA I don't think the BB is folding anything with outs anyway, so I'd ratehr keep him in in the event that he has absolutely nothing