Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 04:22 AM

Default The Gr8 H8 of being donkbet

SB here is a wacky player - roughly 65/30/1 for you stats people. I wish I could provide a decent read - but he has basically no clear patterns. He has check/called with mid-undercards, gutshots. He has bet out small pairs, draws, really whatever he feels like, he does.

I raise K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in MP, folds to him in the SB and he auto-calls. BB folds.

Flop is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He quickly bets - getting 6:1, now what?

It is pretty safe to assume that he will bet the turn 100% of the time if I call, he may check if an ace falls, I'm not sure. I'd love to get some input - and hopefully some mathematical analysis if possible - assuming things like he would bet out a ten here 100% of the time, along with hands like Q8.

Thanks,

-DrG
Old 08-30-2005, 07:03 AM

Default Re: The Gr8 H8 of being donkbet

I'd peel one off and fold turn UI (raise obviously if K or Q hits). Folding here wouldnt be awful but these types generally pay off handsomely on the big bet streets.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SB here is a wacky player - roughly 65/30/1 for you stats people. I wish I could provide a decent read - but he has basically no clear patterns. He has check/called with mid-undercards, gutshots. He has bet out small pairs, draws, really whatever he feels like, he does.

I raise K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in MP, folds to him in the SB and he auto-calls. BB folds.

Flop is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He quickly bets - getting 6:1, now what?

It is pretty safe to assume that he will bet the turn 100% of the time if I call, he may check if an ace falls, I'm not sure. I'd love to get some input - and hopefully some mathematical analysis if possible - assuming things like he would bet out a ten here 100% of the time, along with hands like Q8.

Thanks,

-DrG

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a horrible flop for your hand, I dont care what type of opponent you are against, you should fold the flop. Theres no where else you can go here.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:30 AM

If you make these assumptions the hand is easy:

1) has you beat now
2) will bet the turn no matter what falls, call a raise and check/call the river
3) K/Q outs are clean.
4) The running straight draw isn't significant.

Then you're about a 7-1 dog to improve on the turn and are getting 12-1 odds.

Given how extremely good those odds are, I'd say this is a call even if you drop the assumptions I mentioned.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:35 AM

Given the wackiness of the opposition, who could be betting almost anything here (underpairs come to mind on this hand), I peel one. If the flop was two-tone, I muck without a second thought.

TSP
Old 08-30-2005, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1) has you beat now
2) will bet the turn no matter what falls, call a raise and check/call the river
3) K/Q outs are clean.

Given how extremely good those odds are, I'd say this is a call even if you drop the assumptions I mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]
Where do you come up with the 12-1 odds here?
Old 08-30-2005, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1) has you beat now
3) K/Q outs are clean.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 6 small bets in the pot right now. On the turn, given that my assumption that he bet/calls it, that's 2 big bets earned, so that makes 10 total small bets earned. On the river you earn one more big bet for a total of 12. Sound?

The real flaw in my argument is that the assumptions are all unsafe. However, given how obvious the call is if they were safe, I think the call is still correct in the actual situation.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 6 small bets in the pot right now. On the turn, given that my assumption that he bet/calls it, that's 2 big bets earned, so that makes 10 total small bets earned. On the river you earn one more big bet for a total of 12. Sound?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, because it costs you 2 more small bets when you miss on the turn.

If miss the turn, you probably have just enough odds to call the turn bet if you assume your 6 outs are good and he will always lose 2 big bets on the river when you hit. (5-1 on turn call, plus 2 bets implied = 7-1). But these are very optimistic assumptions.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:25 AM

I would call here. Most people I would raise but I doubt that he folds and with a guy like it is impossible to figure out what exactly he has as of yet. I agree with thr responses above if a k-q-or even an ace hit raise.

Buffro
patexashold-em.com
Old 08-30-2005, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds exactly like the kind of guy I'd consider raising on this flop, if he is really passive enough to let me check behind on the turn.