Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Getting tested for STDs

So what does the doctor do? I heard they actually stick something up the hole of the penis. Is this true?

Lawrence
Old 08-30-2005, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Getting tested for STDs

They use a little stick with a cotton swab on the end, like for cleaning ears but smaller. Not fun.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:44 AM

if youve never had sex or a blowjob you cant have an std, what are you worried about lawrence?
Old 08-30-2005, 02:18 AM

When I get tested I normally just get blood drawn. Worry about the big ones. Bacteria can (normally) be cured, viruses are what you need to worry about most. HIV, Hep-C, etc. Hep-C is much more common than you think.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:23 AM

There is a urethral swab for one the chlamydia/gonorrhea screen. However, for people who are at high risk we always just gave them the treatment since it's just a couple doses of failry benign antibiotics. Most guys don't like things stuck up there. I don't remember all the details - I do ophthalmology now, so anything below the neck is way out of my area these days.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So what does the doctor do? I heard they actually stick something up the hole of the penis. Is this true?

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with what most people said. But, most STD's (other than HIV, Hep, etc...) are pretty noticeable. You aren't going to get the clap and not know it. I think chlamydia is really the only one you can have and not know for a while.

craig

p.s. It sucks
Old 08-30-2005, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if youve never had sex or a blowjob you cant have an std, what are you worried about lawrence?

[/ QUOTE ]

Much smoother would be "you can't have an STD without the S"
Old 08-30-2005, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When I get tested I normally just get blood drawn. Worry about the big ones. Bacteria can (normally) be cured, viruses are what you need to worry about most. HIV, Hep-C, etc. Hep-C is much more common than you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do need to get a blood test done, it's been ages since I've done that. I'd much rather they poke me in the arm and draw blood than stick some swab up my dick.

Lawrence
Old 08-30-2005, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do need to get a blood test done, it's been ages since I've done that. I'd much rather they poke me in the arm and draw blood than stick some swab up my dick.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was living in boston I fcked this girl and the condom broke. about two days later my dick itched and it stung a little when i pissed. so, i went to the dr. and they did the swab thing. It was not pleasant, but most of it is was in my mind. It was bad, but not that bad. I have lots of tats that were way more painful. and even headaches. just don't look.

craig

p.s. I had a urinary tract infection not an STD. I was kind of upset because the Dr. didn't even have me do a piss test until after the swab.

p.s.s. Her sister did give me chlamydia though. But as payback I collected all the needles from heroin junkies around boston and had her shoot up. She just got a urinary track infection.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was living in boston I fcked this girl and the condom broke. about two days later my dick itched and it stung a little when i pissed. so, i went to the dr. and they did the swab thing. It was not pleasant, but most of it is was in my mind. It was bad, but not that bad. I have lots of tats that were way more painful. and even headaches. just don't look.

craig

p.s. I had a urinary tract infection not an STD. I was kind of upset because the Dr. didn't even have me do a piss test until after the swab.

p.s.s. Her sister did give me chlamydia though. But as payback I collected all the needles from heroin junkies around boston and had her shoot up. She just got a urinary track infection.

p.p.p.s. In all seriousness why are you concerned about anything but a blood test. Most STD's, other than chlamydia sometimes, you will find out pretty quickly?