Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 04:12 AM

Default 20/40 66

Bay 101 20/40

Loose/passive all around with the exception of the CO who is unknown.

I am on the Button with 66 and I limp after two EP limpers and a CO limp. The SB completes and the BB checks.

Flop: 234r
Checked to EP1 who bets, EP2 calls, CO raises, I cold call, the blinds fold and EP1 and EP2 call.

Turn: 2
Checked to CO who bets, I raise, EP1 folds, EP2 calls all in, CO calls.

River: 3
Checked to me, I bet....
Old 08-29-2005, 06:22 AM

Default Re: 20/40 66

Unless the EP players are passive to the point that they will see the turn no matter what once they have already invested one bet I 3bet this flop.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bay 101 20/40

Loose/passive all around with the exception of the CO who is unknown.

I am on the Button with 66 and I limp after two EP limpers and a CO limp. The SB completes and the BB checks.

Flop: 234r
Checked to EP1 who bets, EP2 calls, CO raises, I cold call, the blinds fold and EP1 and EP2 call.

Turn: 2
Checked to CO who bets, I raise, EP1 folds, EP2 calls all in, CO calls.

River: 3
Checked to me, I bet....

[/ QUOTE ]
PREFLOP: Of course call. FLOP: Ok lets see here, one guy bets the flop, one guy calls this flop, and another guy raises. 3 people are interested in this flop and there is no flush draw. The odds that your hand is best right now is close to zero. And if you somehow are in the lead, the odds of your hand holding up unimproved is close to zero. So all you really have here is a one card gutshot and a draw to a set, Youre getting 5-1 to call and none of your outs are clean, and youre not even closing the action. When you hit your gutshot, sometimes you'll split the pot or lose to a higher straight, and often times when you hit your set, you'll lose to a straight. To sum things up, you should be folding this flop. You simply dont have the odds to call. TURN: If you get to the turn, the raise here is not a bad play since you want to get all overcards out of there. However if youre 3 bet by the cutoff you should fold since that would likely mean youre drawing to 2 outs, and you wont have the pot odds to continue. RIVER: You should not be value betting here, When the cutoff calls your turn raise he either has you beat or was drawing to the straight and now missed. There is absolutely no reason to bet here, you may even get checkraised bluffed in this spot(even with an all in guy people are dumb enough to do this)
WES
Old 08-29-2005, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PREFLOP: Of course call. FLOP: Ok lets see here, one guy bets the flop, one guy calls this flop, and another guy raises. 3 people are interested in this flop and there is no 2 outs, and you wont have the pot odds to continue. RIVER: You should not be value betting here, When the cutoff calls your turn raise he either has you beat or was drawing to the straight and now missed. There is absolutely no reason to bet here, you may even get checkraised bluffed in this spot(even with an all in guy people are dumb enough to do this)
WES

[/ QUOTE ]
WELL: I just have one thing to SAY: Wes I think your analysis was excellent although I must comment on one part when you mention the FLOP: did you actually take into consideration these players tendencies and their range of HANDS: so what hands do you think are likely holdings for these PLAYERS? (cuz you know that's important n stuff)
EINBERT
Old 08-29-2005, 09:20 AM

Intersting hand. I like the way you played it up to the river, where it's close, but I prefer a check through.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:10 PM

3 bet that flop.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To sum things up, you should be folding this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

no
Old 08-29-2005, 12:50 PM

im w/ pokerbob here 3 bet this flop
Old 08-29-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PREFLOP: Of course call. FLOP: Ok lets see here, one guy bets the flop, one guy calls this flop, and another guy raises. 3 people are interested in this flop and there is no 2 outs, and you wont have the pot odds to continue. RIVER: You should not be value betting here, When the cutoff calls your turn raise he either has you beat or was drawing to the straight and now missed. There is absolutely no reason to bet here, you may even get checkraised bluffed in this spot(even with an all in guy people are dumb enough to do this)
WES

[/ QUOTE ]
WELL: I just have one thing to SAY: Wes I think your analysis was excellent although I must comment on one part when you mention the FLOP: did you actually take into consideration these players tendencies and their range of HANDS: so what hands do you think are likely holdings for these PLAYERS? (cuz you know that's important n stuff)
EINBERT

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont know the specific tendencies of these players, all i know is what jason said, they are passive and the CO is an unknown. Heres my hand range of EP1: Most likely 77-99, could also have 5x hand and be betting a straight draw if hes loose, and he can also have a set. EP2: He just called on this board, so his most likely hand is a very weak draw like overcards. The CO: He could have a straight draw and is raising for a free card, a set, an overpair 77-99, and he could have the made straight with A5s or the more unlikely holding 65s. Given these range of hands, it is clear to me that the hero is trailing to atleast one opponent and the pot is still small, he is simply not getting the pot odds nor the implied odds to continue in this hand. So its an easy fold to me. Calling here or raising here is -EV in my opinion. Also, these hand ranges are based soley on the flop play up to the decision point of the hero.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:58 PM

Also I think the river is a good value bet. You will get paid off here by a 4 a lot, and even A high sometimes.