Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 01:25 AM

Default Fight Club

I just watched this movie for like the 10th time, and i love it. I get all psyched up, like "fukc all our material bull$hit, i am not the things that i buy" but then i realize that i like my computer and my clothes and my car, and that anarchy is worse than capitalism. I dunno, just wanted to talk about the movie. Anyone else want to, go ahead. Also, if anyone has read the book, tell me if its better or what. I might pick it up.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Fight Club

david fincher, chuck and trent reznor are working on a Broadway (or off broadway) Musical of fight club...that should rule.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:29 AM

This movie is about more than letting go of material possessions/anarchy/fighting. A LOT MORE.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:29 AM

are you between the ages of 14 and 32? Is that why you find this movie so profound? (don't get me wrong, I like the flick....)
Old 08-29-2005, 01:32 AM

Raise your hand if you ever had a fight club night with your friends after watching the movie + results

*Raises hand*

results: one broken tooth, two nosebleeds and some bruises
(total among participants)
Old 08-29-2005, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This movie is about more than letting go of material possessions/anarchy/fighting. A LOT MORE.

[/ QUOTE ]
dude i know, thats why i was talking about getting rid of your material crap. The fighting is cool or whatever, but you can play a contact sport if you wanna get hit.

[ QUOTE ]
are you between the ages of 14 and 32? Is that why you find this movie so profound? (don't get me wrong, I like the flick....)

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yea im 18. I know thats probably the reason i find it so appealing, but nevertheless I do. I thihnk when you get older, you realize that you need all the things that it tells you you dont.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:36 AM

we didnt fight, but we did project mayhemesque stuff. (vandying property, immature stuff like that. ) We werent even getting the part about destroying stuff that symbolizes materialism, but whbatever.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just watched this movie for like the 10th time, and i love it. I get all psyched up, like "fukc all our material bull$hit, i am not the things that i buy" but then i realize that i like my computer and my clothes and my car, and that anarchy is worse than capitalism. I dunno, just wanted to talk about the movie. Anyone else want to, go ahead. Also, if anyone has read the book, tell me if its better or what. I might pick it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally think the book is better. The ending is different (don't want to spoil) and the homoeroticism is even more apparent between "the two" (well, time for me to get accused of more gay comments..but it really makes the book better).

craig
Old 08-29-2005, 01:38 AM

See, this is another one of those cherished modern cult classics, a la Office Space, that I'm just not that into. I mean, I enjoyed it, but that stuff / no stuff dichotomy just isn't that important to me. I enjoy the artifacts of civilization, but I'm not that materialistic.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
dude i know, thats why i was talking about getting rid of your material crap. The fighting is cool or whatever, but you can play a contact sport if you wanna get hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should read his response again