Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2003, 06:32 PM

Default Naysayers: Wrong On All Counts

In this article, Mansoor Ijaz recounts events thus far in Iraq, lists the WMD finds, and outlines Iraq's clear connections to organized terror. And, more is sure still to come.

As Mr. Ijaz puts it, the naysayers have nowhere to run and nowhere to hide. Facts refute erroneous viewpoints.

http://www.nationalreview.com/commen...ijaz041003.asp

By the way, after the mess in Iraq is mopped up and well in hand, it will be time to go get those Baath party officials hiding in Syria, and al Qaeda kingpin Zarqawi's men hiding just over the border in Iran. And our brave troops will be right in position to do it. I guess you could say that's another meaning of "nowhere to run and nowhere to hide." The days of dictators and terrorists increasingly appear to be numbered. And Bush's policies and actions are looking smarter and smarter every day.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:05 PM

Default Saddam\'s Prince Albert?

Thanks for the link. The article describes Saddam Hussein as a "sadomasochist". This is quite intriguing. There's of course ample evidence that Saddam is a sadist -- but also a masochist?!

This cannot be metaphorical, in the sense that Saddam has repeatedly invited "punishment" by attacking Iran or invading Kuwait. Since the sadist part is obviously not metaphorical, the same should apply to the masochist part.

So. Are there any revealing pictures out there that show Saddam going both ways? I feel such an ignoramus. Links, please.

Old 04-10-2003, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Saddam\'s Prince Albert?

I wondered the same as you about this, Cyrus. However there was a website which just might have such pictures of Saddam and his cronies, and I'm going to check it out now--if I can remember what it was called.
Old 04-10-2003, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Naysayers: Wrong On All Counts

And to think they announced on CNN not an hour ago that the US and UK were preparing for the international fallout which might result from their having found absolutely no WMD to date. Of course, your link doesn't really dispute this either:

1. Weapons-grade plutonium: The writer claims that Marines found abnormally high radiation levels - and in an Atomic Energy Agency, no less. That should come as a huge surprise. He then disclaims is by acknowledging that it must be confirmed (by someone a little more scientically-inclined than a Marine, I would imagine) whether this is from weapons-grade plutonium.

2. Biological weapons: "Fox News' embedded reporter, Rick Leventhal, downloaded incredible video of what may be the first of Saddam's bioweapons labs on wheels." Sounds pretty conclusive to me. The writer again acknowledges that we'll actually have to examine the truck before we can conclude what might have been in it.

3. Chemical warheads: Curious both that they weren't used and that this isn't major international news. One would have to imagine that if the US found anything resembling WMD - and certainly chemical warheads "ready to fire" would qualify - they'd shout this news out to anyone who'll listen as that have done for the past two weeks every time they find baby powder or funny-colored sand.

4. Al Qaeda links. Refer you to #3 above, only substitute "supporting terrorists" for "WMD".

5. Terror toxins. Oh my God! They found evidence of WMDs in a terrorist camp. We should probably bomb that camp to oblivion and then claim it was somehow connected to Hussein even though it existed in a part of Iraq he didn't control and was idelogically opposed to him.

Sorry - it'll take a hell of a lot more than some random New Yorker's speculations about WMD and conjecture about terrorist connections to make me (or any other thoughtful individual, one would hope) that Iraq was any sort of threat to the US, thereby justifying the invasion and destruction of that nation. Of course, it sure is heartening to see all those liberated Iraqis looting every store, school and building they can lay their hands on.
Old 04-11-2003, 02:25 AM

Default You can rest your case

"It'll take a hell of a lot more than some random New Yorker's speculations about WMD and conjecture about terrorist connections to make me (or any other thoughtful individual, one would hope) that Iraq was any sort of threat to the US, thereby justifying the invasion and destruction of that nation."

Please note that the article's writer is an investment banker.

Old 04-11-2003, 08:57 AM

Default Re: You can rest your case

Speculations? 20 missiles found armed with sarin and ready to fire are speculations about WMD???

Cyrus, as you may not know, IrishHand is on my ignore list so I have read only your post, not his. Yet he insists on responding to my posts, knowing full well I won't rebut him. Actually, I grew tired of rebutting him, as he tended to post spuriously and with intent to troll--thus he gained the honor of being the only person on M's ignore list--ever. There is no point in continually rebutting poor arguments especially if the other person is not truly interested in a meaningful debate or discussion. His primary motivations, in my opinion and in the opinion of some other respected posters, are to inflame and to listen to himself speak.

I'm surprised if you haven't yet picked up on the poor quality of his arguments or on his trolling purposes.

That he calls recent discoveries of actual WMD speculations, and dismisses other relevant information while impugning the credentials of the article's author--as if that somehow changes the facts or arguments--should have alerted you.
Old 04-11-2003, 09:01 AM

Default Just a question......

....perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't recall you ever commenting when blacks loot and riot? Not being selective with your looting observations are you?
Old 04-11-2003, 09:20 AM

Default Rest easy

"Speculations? 20 missiles found armed with sarin and ready to fire are speculations about WMD???"

1. There has been no verifiable and official discovery of WMDs yet.
2. As I already wrote, them WMDs will be found, no doubt it.

"IrishHand is on my ignore list"

Lots of "ignore lists" going around! For the record, I ignore no one, not even Wogga-type posters. This is an educational website, if I didn't take a wrong turn somewhere.

Old 04-11-2003, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Rest easy

Don't mind him Cyrus...he just got frustrated at being unable to come up with anything resembling counter-arguments to my posts - the exchanges tended to be:
Irish: the evidence is this.
M: my opinion is this.
Irish: how do you square that with the lack of evidence supporting it?
M: my opinion is this.
When I kept pointing out to him the senselessness of his "arguments", he decided to do the most mature thing possible and put his fingers in his ears and say "babababababa I'm not lissening! babababa". [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Of course, there is no "Ignore List" so he's just amusing himself on that count.