Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 02:00 PM

Default Middle Pair Good kicker

Villian is 17.5/3.3/1.8 after 200 hands

The check-raise on the flop was to simply try to push him out of the hand. He seemed like a solid enough player who would lay down if he didn't have an A, so I figured I'd probe. Probably not smart, but I'd like feedback on this. Rest of the hand seems intutive to me. Value bet/raise 2-pair on the turn, and value-bet a fh on the river.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (11.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB
Old 08-26-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Middle Pair Good kicker

Flop raise - does this tell you he has one A? or does he have AA, KK and he reraises just because he doesn't believe you have the A (or he has a set). He could have re-raised with KK to see if YOU had an A or he may have AK...

Turn - he raises you re-raise. He thinks you made the set of Aces (if he has KK)

so although you have narrowed his hand I don't think you've gained substantially
Old 08-26-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He seemed like a solid enough player who would lay down if he didn't have an A

[/ QUOTE ]

If he doesn't have an ace, what hand do you really want him to fold? I guess KK QQ JJ but heads up I don't see it. If he is unpaired you don't want him going anywhere. I like check/calling all the way but when you improve on the turn you played it good.

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-26-2005, 02:13 PM

Fold preflop.

But seen as you called i'd check/call all streets UI, there are a lot of hands that he could of raised from the CO that don't contain an A.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is way too tight against a CO raise.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:36 PM

CO's open-raising means he might not have that strong a hand and is attempting a steal. KTs is good enough to call from the BB for one bet.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CO's open-raising means he might not have that strong a hand and is attempting a steal. KTs is good enough to call from the BB for one bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the player is only raising 3.3% of his preflop hands, you really need to tighten up your defense hands -- a hand easily dominated like KTs is not a good choice here. If you think he's raising light here, sure, but I really don't think so given that he's raising on the CO at .5/1 with a 3.3%PFR -- he doesn't seem imaginative enough to open up his raising standards with position.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:33 PM

Results: Villain had AK, had me beat the whole way and I sucked him out on the river.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:36 PM

The flop c/r really sucks, everything else is fine.