Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 08:41 AM

Default Noobs report in.

Last 8 weeks or so seem to have been a massive influx of new posters onto this forum.

I am just curious to know how you found out about this website and how long you had been playing before you started to visit the establishment.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:44 AM

Default Re: Noobs report in.

Sup bro,

Been lurking since May, been playing since Feb.

Found this site after purchasing HEPFAP and noticed the URL on the back cover.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Last 8 weeks or so seem to have been a massive influx of new posters onto this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the exact same thing. I'll look at the amount of posts, it'll read 1100 then I look at the "reged" and it reads Aug 01 2005. Hey, it's kind of cool, I'm feeling like I have been here for a while!!
Old 08-26-2005, 10:21 AM

I started playing poker seriously and lurking 2+2 boards about a year ago, and registered last December. I found out about them from the cover of TPFAP & then I devoured a few other 2+2 books and realized they were quality. Like many here I am guessing, I am competitive and want to be the best at whatever game I play. (Also I have an engineering degree, which is apparently a prerequisite to post here.) I played limit and bonus whored from August '04 to May of this year or so, started at .50/1 and worked my roll up to 5/10, and just recently started SNGs more seriously this summer, working from 6s to 33s.

I started posting more here when I felt more familiar and comfortable, so that I could hopefully contribute and not detract. It's intimidating to post something different from someone who 8-tables 215s or pose a question to them when you know ish about SNGs. Now I would rather make a mistake here than on the table, so I try to respond to questions and then see what others have discussed. It's helped my game, no doubt, but it's tough to do at first.

I'll be around a while I'm guessing.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the exact same thing. I'll look at the amount of posts, it'll read 1100 then I look at the "reged" and it reads Aug 01 2005. Hey, it's kind of cool, I'm feeling like I have been here for a while!!

[/ QUOTE ]

n00b i registered way before you!
Old 08-26-2005, 10:24 AM

A lot of google searches bring up 2+2
Old 08-26-2005, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

n00b i registered way before you!

[/ QUOTE ]

and you have A LOT more posts than me as well... DAMN!!
Old 08-26-2005, 10:50 AM

just registered today, starting to play more online and always interested in how people view the game
Old 08-26-2005, 11:13 AM

Hmm.. my first post here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I've been lurking here for a while, and I came here because I have 2+2 books. I've been playing poker for a few months now, and I think I still suck, but I'm getting better.

I'll be posting in the HUSH forums and this one mainly, because I play $3/$6 SH and a few SNG's every now and then.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:17 AM

Been lurking for a year. Made my first posts this summer. Starting seriously playing limit hold'em this summer (before it was just for drinking money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ). Just started getting into tournament poker this month, esp. SnG. Have a lot to learn on this board.