Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2003, 02:30 AM

Default Andy Fox wouldn\'t have capped it

Playing at Garden City, loose aggressive guy limps in the CO, I raise an ace on the button, the SB and BB call, the CO limp-raises, and the BB limp-reraises!!! Now, this in itself would not be extraordinary. The "Aw sh!t let's go on and cap it" is not a rare bird here in Norcal.

The BB bets the 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] flop, and exclaims "Just what I wanted!" Long story short, he tabled T [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] . I don't think Andy Fox would have capped it.

Dan
Old 04-08-2003, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Andy Fox wouldn\'t have capped it

You know, I gave up talking about these Garden City games, because, well, they never believed me.

I had a personal email from PokerBabe where she was describing with some horror how, in a Vegas mid-limit game, somebody had capped the betting in the small blind with AQo! [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Heh. I told her that had she cut her poker teeth at Garden City, she would not have raised a single perfectly trimmed eyebrow at that play.

Regards, Lee
Old 04-08-2003, 11:48 AM

Christ, I recently 4 bet her preflop while headsup and out of position with AKo and she won't stop harassing me about it.
Old 04-08-2003, 12:09 PM

Default Correct

[img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-08-2003, 07:57 PM

Hi Lee,
I've looked for you at Garden City, but no luck yet. I truly have yet to see one truly competent player there in the 6/12 and 8/16, not that I'm complaining tho!

Even though it's tough to change gears the few times I've played at the Peppermill and the Reno Hilton, I'd imagine doing the opposite would be five times as hard. It's a lot more fun playing with people who like to gamble than with the local rock that wait for dominating hands and grumble for days when a tourist 3 outs them.

Dan
Old 04-08-2003, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Andy Fox /to Clarky

Clark...If you continually 4 bet the Babe out of position with a hand as weak as A,K off (and you are not even sure you hold the A [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img] you will be washing my car, bathing my dog Napo and begging for mercy when I kick your absolutely gorgeous ass with those well known hands like AA, KK or even a hand as pathetic as 10,10. LGPG, Babe [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]
Old 04-08-2003, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Andy Fox /to Clarky

"will be ......begging for mercy when I kick your absolutely gorgeous ass"

Sounds like a good time! [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-08-2003, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Andy Fox /to Lee

Lee...I had almost forgotten that frightening cap with big chick offsuit from the sb. But noooooo...you just had to bring it up (kind of like a bad memory of an old boyfriend). Boy, you sure know how to ruin a Babe's evening. Perhaps a nice bubble bath and glass of merlot will help. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] LGPG, Babe [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]