Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 02:30 PM

Default ATo UTG super-tight game

Table VPIP is 18.

BB is loose, the only loose guy at the table.

I raise. Is this good?
Old 08-24-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: ATo UTG super-tight game

switch tables [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2005, 02:36 PM

Are you playing at PokerRoom? I started there, had to get out after moving to .5/1 due to the tightness of the tables.

I think it's fine to raise this under those conditions, you just need to be careful if someone plays back at you, but on a supertight table you have a good chance of folding everyone but that loose BB, especially if your image is half-decent, as they won't expect you to raise UTG w/ a subpar hand. Then you're heads up and in position.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Table VPIP is 18.

I raise. Is this good?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been known to through some loose raises at a tight table. I try not to go to war on them, though.

But wait until the loose guy limps in, then raise. I don't think there's any need to get impatient to do something drastic like this just to isolate BB.

KO
Old 08-24-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
switch tables [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I try to concentrate on the current hand. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you playing at PokerRoom? I started there, had to get out after moving to .5/1 due to the tightness of the tables.

I think it's fine to raise this under those conditions, you just need to be careful if someone plays back at you, but on a supertight table you have a good chance of folding everyone but that loose BB, especially if your image is half-decent, as they won't expect you to raise UTG w/ a subpar hand. Then you're heads up and in position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... Slotbloom recommends folding AJo in this spot, and he's been fairly successful for a considerable period of time. I like the idea of raising, but even a call from one of the tight players is a problem. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Yeah, I'm playing Party and PokerRoom now, and it's been just deadly. To give you an idea, I've opened four tables today and I only have 1 open currently (a half hour later) because I had to close the other 3. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I've chronicled my adventures there in the Internet Bonuses forum. The software's tough to learn, but after a while you get used to it. The tables are terrible, though.

Edit: not sure what Abdul has to say about this... Both of those guys play in super-tight and fairly aggressive games.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Table VPIP is 18.

I raise. Is this good?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been known to through some loose raises at a tight table. I try not to go to war on them, though.

But wait until the loose guy limps in, then raise. I don't think there's any need to get impatient to do something drastic like this just to isolate BB.

KO

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, makes sense. Thanks bro.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:10 PM

If you can isolate against BB it's fine, but the problem is, as you've alluted to, if you're called or worse raised in a tight, agressive game, you could easily be dominated.

Anyway I don't think it's horrible, just marginal. I would try to find a different table though. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you can isolate against BB it's fine, but the problem is, as you've alluted to, if you're called or worse raised in a tight, agressive game, you could easily be dominated.

Anyway I don't think it's horrible, just marginal. I would try to find a different table though. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was my last hand.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:55 PM

Sorry about that. I have tried clearing bonuses at some other sites and the microlimit games seem to suck in general. As for your hand I do not like the UTG raise with A10o. I think it's a big risk with a marginal hand just to get heads up with the weak BB. Probably not a huge mistake but it's going to be a hard hand to play if you get called by one of the tighties. With him on your left you will have plenty of opportunities to isolate him with stronger hands and fewer players left to act.