Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 11:28 PM

Default How\'d I play this? Just looking for feedback.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 25.25 BB
Old 08-23-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Re: How\'d I play this? Just looking for feedback.

Cap the flop, Cap the turn, Cap the river...theres no reason to get tricky against .5/1 monkeys
Old 08-23-2005, 11:33 PM

I likely would have 3-bet the flop and just kept on firing.

I hate the turn check, but after you've done it, I hate the lack of a check-raise even more.

Nobody's calling on the river with four diamonds, but they'll call on the turn.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:33 PM

The reason I didn't cap the flop is because he had flopped a flush on me a few hands earlier and after about 30 hands he is read as LAP. On the turn when I hit the full house, I thought that the other guy not the LAP was on a draw so I figured it was safe to call behind and c/r the river knowing that the LAP would bet again and the guy would call. I didn't know he would be 4 betting with me but now I know. Again I only did this because he is read as LAP right now.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cap the flop, Cap the turn, Cap the river...theres no reason to get tricky against .5/1 monkeys

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition, any high, single diamond (and many not-so-high single diamonds) will gladly call as many raises as you can make on the flop &amp; turn. The same will not be true on the river.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:35 PM

If you somehow "knew" the Button was on a draw, not raising the turn when you have the chance to trap him for an extra bet is even worse.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn when I hit the full house, I thought that the other guy not the LAP was on a draw so I figured it was safe to call behind and c/r the river...

[/ QUOTE ]

If the third player is on a draw, why would he call bets on the river when his draw misses?
Old 08-23-2005, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason I didn't cap the flop is because he had flopped a flush on me a few hands earlier and after about 30 hands he is read as LAP. On the turn when I hit the full house, I thought that the other guy not the LAP was on a draw so I figured it was safe to call behind and c/r the river knowing that the LAP would bet again and the guy would call. I didn't know he would be 4 betting with me but now I know. Again I only did this because he is read as LAP right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

How bout including some of this pertinent information in your OP.

cappity cap cap,
cappity cap cap,
look at cappy go.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:27 AM

Welcome to the forum. Provide reads with your post. We need to know what you did.

Even if he flipped over a made flush on the flop a 3-bet would be for value -- slim value, but value none the less. You'll make a boat or quads ~36.6% of the time and are only putting in 33.3% of the pot. Add to that the fact that Villain is much more likely to have a hand you're ahead of than to have flopped a flush and it's a rock solid 3-bet for value.

Waiting for the turn is not a great strategy OOP with this board. It's going to check through a lot. It's even worse in this case, as a weak Ace or flush might be scared off when the board pairs. Once it goes to plan, though, you need to c/r. Diamonds aren't going anywhere, but will fold the river unless they hit their draw. You have both opponents trapped. A flush or 8 will probably put in many bets. You need to raise.

The river is obviously fine.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:32 AM

The problem with waiting until the river with your big monster is all the bets you missed on the turn when the opponent has a smaller monster.