Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2003, 11:36 PM

Default Just One death In Iraq

Here's a story of one guy dead in Iraq. web page I suppose it's the old story, one death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic. Mr. Bloom was not a friend of mine, but I did get to spend some time with him once. I hesitated to post this since he was not a close friend of mine, nor a combat death, and people die every day after all. I worried that perhaps I was just being concerned and selfish over having my own mortality brought to my attention. I don't know. All I know is that Mr. Bloom was a hell of a smart guy who enjoyed life. When I met him he was not married and didn't have kids, but was just a young guy out of college. I won't remember him for professional accomplishment or his wife and kids (whom I never met). I got to spend some time with him because of his involvement in college debate where his brains and speaking ability made him a champion. But my memory of him will always be in a McDonalds in Longview, Washington where a young local girl thought he was cute and he was able to talk with her in a way that made her feel OK even though he was not a bit interested in that Longview girl with an IQ of perhaps 90. Had too many beers with him too, but I still will remember that McDonalds. Sometimes life seems very fragile. Rest in peace Mr. Bloom.