Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 01:01 PM

Default 2 pair againgst TAG/LAG

2 pair againgst TAG/LAG
Do you play it differently?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (5 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB
Old 08-23-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: 2 pair againgst TAG/LAG

Which style is villain? TAG, or LAG? Against a LAG it might be appropriate to 3-bet the turn. Against a TAG I would probably play it the same.

[i]Edit: I play $3/$6 so disregard if my advice is too low-level thinking for this game.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Against a LAG it might be appropriate to 3-bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get capped you're not going to feel comfortable laying this down and you'll wish you had shown down cheaper. I think you played this fine against either a LAG/TAG. A bigger two pair is just too much a possibility with this board. CAll it down, hope for the best, expect to lose--but know this calldown is +EV.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:10 PM

I only have stats on Vilalin. No other reads.
VPIP = 30
PFR = 20
AF = 3

PS: That you play 3/6 doesn't matter. Just wrote what you think is best and it is up to the readers to read critically. Btw, I'm down 400BB on 10/20 so I suuuck. Maybe... I still keep hoping I don't suck.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:13 PM

Being on a bad run like that I think its especially important to show this down and not push too hard. Plus, if you were planning to fold to a cap after a 3-bet you lose your chance to fill up against his two pair if thats waht he has.
I hope you start running better, its such a mindtrip I know [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].