Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2003, 11:42 PM

Default Spot my mistake...

Good 10-20 game at Muckleshoot. Four limpers to me in the SB with the K [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]. I raise. BB folds and the limpers call. 5 to the flop with 11 SB in the pot.

Flop comes K [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]. I bet, EP and MP call. 3 to the turn with 7 BB in the pot. Turn is the J [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]. I bet, EP raises, MP 3-bets. I call, EP calls. River is the 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]. I check, EP bets, MP calls $10 allin, I call.
Old 04-06-2003, 01:13 AM

Default Re: Spot my mistake...

Your mistake was not folding preflop. OKay, I'm joking.

Your mistake was betting out on the flop. Joking again!

I think your mistake was not capping the turn.
Old 04-06-2003, 02:05 AM

You should have raised the river. If EP had the nuts he would have 4 bet the turn.
Old 04-06-2003, 03:15 AM

Default Re: Spot my mistake...(s?)

mk,
I see 2 possible mistakes. Not raising the river is one, since EP would almost certainly 4-bet any str8 on the turn. The other one sorta depends on the MP. If he/she's like many players, the 3-bet on the turn could be desperation coupled with being nearly all-in. In this case, I presume that the 3-bet slowed you down because you didn't notice that MP was nearly all-in. If you had, I suspect you'd have 4-bet the turn.
Old 04-06-2003, 04:47 AM

hi major
you had a bad night tonight. you made far worse plays than this. not many, just a couple. and you have to loosen now and again on rare occasions, it's good for the game. you don't make a habit of it, but tonight some of your loose plays went to far. hands you never should have been in but got into to show a little action went too far. then this happened. well, you played flawlessly here major. no one can or will say otherwise. the hands your not telling us about, well we all do it on rare occasions. now you can tighten up. i hope you didn't show here. i'm looking at perfect here. the ones your not telling us about, forget about them. you played a couple hands that everyone else was playing. thats why they they call it 2+2; we only play a couple like that, everyone else plays at least four.
Old 04-06-2003, 05:06 AM

Not capping the turn.

PokerPrince
Old 04-06-2003, 01:50 PM

hi
i think major is against 10,9s here and wants to know if there was anything he could have done to win. EP looks like the straight on the river. EP knows that he will be called since major called the 3 bet. i think major played it perfectly
Old 04-06-2003, 02:05 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

what? capping the turn? that depends on if you think someone has you beat here. if they do, you dont have enough players to pump this draw with +EV.

or raising the river? to gain a bet from the EP since you likely have him beat since he only called the turn raise. (meaning he doesnt have the str8)

the river is the only place i can see it. however, if you saw that a raise wouldve put the guy allin and you think the EP wouldve called, a raise on the turn couldve been a good play. it couldve made the side pot bigger if the EP also calls a river bet.

b
Old 04-07-2003, 04:08 PM

Default Results

Well, I thought I should have raised the river. I didn't think clearly once I saw that MP was allin. Anyway, EP had QJo for drawing stone dead on the turn, and MP had the expected ATo.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:24 PM

Default Re: Results

Well I cheated and looked at the results, but my guess was QJ for 2 pair. Its been my experience that when you show strength preflop, on the flop, then get raised on the turn, they have a hand...and more of a hand than just a pair. They have at least 2 pair or a set. In my experience, its greater than 85% accurate.

Its hard to do, but you were beat on the turn and should have folded.

-Scott