Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 08:01 PM

Default BB special, villain wakes up on river.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: gobbo is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, gobbo calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">gobbo bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">gobbo 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">gobbo bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 folds, SB calls.

River: (14 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">gobbo bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">gobbo 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, gobbo calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB

Villain is a little laggy but has shown down made hands most of the time. Did I play too aggressively on the flop? It's possible I'm setted in the eye here and a straight isn't out of the question.

*edit: I know I boated it up on the turn, but I'm wondering what you think the guy had on the flop and whether or not my raises/bets were correct*
Old 08-22-2005, 08:08 PM

Default Re: BB special, villain wakes up on river.

I think the flop is fine, I'd expect this c/r from the SB with a 'good' seven as well as a made straight.

On the river the only hand you really fear is a K7 which is consistent with the c/r flop but was played passively on the turn. I think you're good often enough here especially against a possible straight to cap on the river.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:10 PM

He has kings (and his play is somewhat reasonable here). Tough break but nice hand.

Brad
Old 08-22-2005, 08:15 PM

Hmm, I discounted that because of the no PFR. Guess I shouldn't be doing that against an unknown.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:17 PM

How about a flop protection c/r?
Old 08-22-2005, 08:19 PM

Looks like SB was thinking the same thing, so the action would have had 2 flop-crs if hero pulls that off. Certainly would have thinned the field but not against the main villian SB.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like SB was thinking the same thing, so the action would have had 2 flop-crs if hero pulls that off. Certainly would have thinned the field but not against the main villian SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but we didn't know this would happen when we were deciding to lead the flop.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:40 AM

You played it fine in my opinion. If you have any notes on the villain that he did not raise a premium hand preflop just call the river. So pay attention to what hands your opponents show down.