Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 04:03 PM

Default 4 Days Clean: My Airplane Trip (no probs) and my biggest regret

Hi All,

I really don't know why I am posting this on here out of all the places to possibly post this.

Well, I was able to fly with no problems. In fact, I actually got lucky. I wore a pair of jeans I "never" wear and there was a little baggy that I had left in there. When they searched me at the airport they never even noticed it. I didn't notice it until I went into the bathroom before getting on the plane (I threw it away).

As far as not using. Well, I didn't really think it would be this tough. Everybody (I include "everybody" to just mean friends, family, and MD's, not couselors.) told me it would be easier than quitting smoking. Well, everybody was wrong. It hasn't been hard like with smoking, where you are constantly trying to figure out a way to get a cigarrette. It has been amazingly hard mentally.

I had talked to a lot of counselors before I had left, and they had all told me that even though I had only been doing it a short while, the amount I had been consuming could possibly have effects that I wasn't prepared for; especially if there were other "mental problems" that I wasn't aware of. Well, they were right. I don't think I have ever slept so much in my entire life. My first 48 hours clean and I think I slept about 36-40 of those.

Anyways, without having to get into to many specifics of the matter (because of the risk of my identity being found out), cocaine really isn't something to be taken lightly. If you are using it beyond a recreational level (which if you have enough will power to do that, that is amzaing to me), please don't quit on your own. I am not saying go to a hospital. But, make sure you have people around WHO KNOW that you are quitting. Tell these people every thought that you are having. I know many people that have done it longer than me and who are weaker than me have quit. But, I don't know how they got through these horrible pervading thoughts.

Anyways, this is much harder than I thought it would be and I can only hope that these withdrawal symptoms (all mental) will only go away very soon.

Somebody had mentioned in antoher post that I should go to a hospital. I am starting to think that maybe they are right. Does anybody know how much longer I can expect these mental effects to last? My last night of doing it, I was up to 1.75 eight balls in about an 8 hour period.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Re: 4 Days Clean: My Airplane Trip (no probs) and my biggest regret

good luck, keep it up!
Old 08-22-2005, 04:14 PM

Are you feeling suicidal? Its hard to help without more specifics on exactly what the mental symptoms are.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:17 PM

good luck man. take it one step at a time.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:20 PM

hang in there Jake!
Old 08-22-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hang in there Jake!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-22-2005, 04:24 PM

I have no personal experience here but I just want to say hang in there.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there was a little baggy that I had left in there. When they searched me at the airport they never even noticed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be smart with your drugs allways know where your stash is - after all that worry you fly with a bag of coke anyways. IDIOT!
Old 08-22-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hang in there Jake!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dammit! Stop that! It's not me! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there was a little baggy that I had left in there. When they searched me at the airport they never even noticed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be smart with your drugs allways know where your stash is - after all that worry you fly with a bag of coke anyways. IDIOT!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I should have been more specific. There was nothing in the baggy, except for maybe residue on the sides. It wasn't like there was actually anything worth doing. The reason I put "never" when I mentioned wearing the pants, was that I guess one time I had worn them and stuck the finished bag in there. Why would I bring drugs when I was leaving to quit?