Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 03:22 PM

Default KQs in the BB

SB is 64% VP$IP, 8%PFR, kind of a dummy and has been showing down some very strange hands. He loves to c/r and has re-raised me on a 10 high a few hands prior.

Usually, I take the approach to this hand much diffrently. I would have re-raised the flop to get rid of the player ahead of me, but for some reason I feared QQ-AA or the diamond draw (I have been running like absolute **** these days).

Was that weak on my part, considering that I knew SB would re-raise no matter what? Was it worth trying to get a "free card" even if I let the 3rd player also stay in the hand (assuming he might have folded to 2 bets, which you never know at this limit)?

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 checks, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (17.00 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: (10.00 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (12.00 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.00 BB.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:28 PM

Default Re: KQs in the BB

Raise this flop for value. You want flush draws paying you off, here. Also, you want to bleed as much out of this nutbag as you can with top pair-great kicker.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:29 PM

raise the flop, call down if 3bet. your flop raise is going to hopefully fold out a A behind you, fold out someone w/ middle or bottom pair, make someone with a diamond draw pay more.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:29 PM

I think you really need to raise and try to get this heads up. Why would you fear AA-QQ from a player that didn't get any raises in pre plop? If you are afraid he's got the diamond draw, you know you have to charge him at least two bets on each street to draw to it. The whole thing is this: "but for some reason I feared QQ-AA or the diamond draw (I have been running like absolute **** these days).
" That's weak thinking, when at this point you have absolutely no reason to think that.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:32 PM

Pre flop: I think this is fine. You want to get others out behind you, even though it doesn't work you have to call the capped pot.

Flop: Like what you said, I would normally raise this. You aren't worried about MP3 as he checked his posted big blind the first time around.

If you get 3-bet in this position, would it be ok to call-call-call through the river, assuming no ace falls?

Turn and River: I play it the same way. From his stats and history, he is just as easy doing this with A-x as he is with KK or QQ.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's weak thinking, when at this point you have absolutely no reason to think that.

[/ QUOTE ]

He capped pre-flop, minus my read, I think I just got a little sqweemish like the donkey I am.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's weak thinking, when at this point you have absolutely no reason to think that.

[/ QUOTE ]

He capped pre-flop, minus my read, I think I just got a little sqweemish like the donkey I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, reading your original post, I got the impression you were afraid of AA-QQ/diamonds from the player after you, not SB.

You did say SB was crazy, re-raising w/ T high, so I still don't know why you'd give him credit for a hand. Don't let it get you down, sometimes we all freeze up.

But you really need to raise this flop. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2005, 03:45 PM

PF: Nothing wrong here, if SB is the nut you say he is.

Post-Flop: Raise, you probably have the best hand. Is this one of those types that will 3-bet/cap with crap? If this is true and it is 3-bet to me, I cap and I raise him on the turn if he bets again.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:50 PM

I would never 3 bet this preflop.

And the people that are saying to raise the flop are nuts.
You want hands like AK/JJ to keep bluffing on this board. If you raise and get 3 bet, you're behind KK/QQ/AA/AQs. This is a perfect WA/WB line.

Although, if I didn't 3 bet this pre-flop, I would raise the flop. Given the preflop action, calling down is perfectly fine.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:57 PM

I agree with Sykes. I just call preflop and then raise the flop if we hit something. I don't like 3 betting KQs preflop--especially if we're not folding anyone. It's not that great of a hand to be putting in a lot of bets preflop against only 3 or 4 opponents.