Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 12:52 PM

Default $109s - Push or Fold?

My bubble and ITM play is the weakest part of my game, so I'm going to post a couple hands over the next little while to make sure I'm not leaking. Appreciate any help! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Medium stacks are tight, blinds just went up.
My image isn't crap (yet) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Just 4 handed in the last 2 orbits, big stack min-raised his last button. Prior to that he wasn't overly aggro. Definitely knows what he's doing, and appears to be solid. (possible 2+2)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter

Hero (t910)
BB (t2275)
UTG (t2320)
Button (t4495)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t500</font>
Old 08-20-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: $109s - Push or Fold?

Hero pushes. I don't hate a stop and go but BB is going to come along for the ride 90% of the time.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:00 PM

You need to double up really soon if you want to stay in the game, so you have to push this. Also, I'm curious why you aren't giving ring NL a try if you feel the bubble is your weakness.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:08 PM

It's close. Pushing and folding are both okay
Old 08-20-2005, 01:09 PM

while there is more money to be made in NL ring at the higher ends, i def think at the 109s level there is more money to be made with SnGs then corresponding level of NL play, the biggest problem is the ceiling is alot higher in nl ring then sngs.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
while there is more money to be made in NL ring at the higher ends, i def think at the 109s level there is more money to be made with SnGs then corresponding level of NL play, the biggest problem is the ceiling is alot higher in nl ring then sngs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. I play a ton of NL live, and will eventually transition my online game over as well. For now, SNGs are the most profitable route for me. Also, when I say bubble play is a weakness for me, I mean relatively speaking. My bubble play doesn't suck or anything. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2005, 01:37 PM

There's one issue I have with the stop and go here - BB will have to call only 300 into a pot of 1200 - he's going to call witha huge range as it doesn't impact his stack, therefore, you have to stop and go against two opponents for very few chips with a big pot in the middle. This isn't good with A5s.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:37 PM

citanul attempts to be a little less retarded:

I think you should fold and push next hand. Your folding equity preflop is 0, a call preflop will give irresistable odds to the bb, and your hand isn't THAT far ahead of a random hand, if you put the big stack on a random hand. Meanwhile you should have siginificant folding equity with a random hand next hand.

citanul
Old 08-20-2005, 01:54 PM

I think that the distribution of chips makes this a push. Since your so short and since none of the other stacks are close to busting I think you might need to take a chance with this when your usually slightly ahead. The raise to 500 from the button is almost like I want to take the pot uncontested because I have a crappy ace or kj,k10 even q10 or somehting like that. Really its a huge range. You just have to hope the crappy ace isnt A8 or 9, or hope you see some clubs up there. But seriously even if you fold and push SB (assuming its folded to you which isn't guarenteed) and you take down the pot uncontested your only going to have 910 chips again which is super short and your going to need to steal uncontested or pick up a decent hand to try and double or thrid option push trash get called and try to lukbox it. Sure you don't have any FE but I think this is a great chance to gambool and try to double up with what will usually be the best hand.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
citanul attempts to be a little less retarded:

I think you should fold and push next hand. Your folding equity preflop is 0, a call preflop will give irresistable odds to the bb, and your hand isn't THAT far ahead of a random hand, if you put the big stack on a random hand. Meanwhile you should have siginificant folding equity with a random hand next hand.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

I would do exactly what he said ^^^^.