Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 09:52 AM

Default AQ hand with a 3 suited flop!!

Prima Rounders (steps) level 4 $275+27.50 buy-in

10 start 5 qualify for next level Stacks start at 1500

hero is dealt AhQs in mp

8 left 3 have 2000+, 3 have 1000-1500 and the sb has 950 and hero has 1500

blinds 25/50

3 folds, hero makes it 150 2 folds sb calls bb folds

flop 862 all spades pot = 350

hero bets 200 sb goes all-in for 800

hero?????

Any thing people dont like on this hand, i can only think of perhaps making it 200 pre-flop or maybe checking the flop?

Any thoughts

cheers
Old 08-19-2005, 09:56 AM

Default Re: AQ hand with a 3 suited flop!!

Pretty standard but I fold after his raise.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:02 AM

I guess if you plan to fold to a raise here you should better check-fold the hand. I would call here 600 for a pot of 1350 (did I count right)with the third nut flush draw and two overcards against a semi-desperated opponent.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:03 AM

Desperate.. with 16 bb? Are you kidding me. He has you beat here and you can't be sure he doesn't already have the flush, or the A/K of the suit, or a set, or what have you. Your outs are at the very least dirty. This isn't like you have AQs with two to your suit, or even the A of the suit.

Oh and don't talk nonsense about check-fold, you have to cont. bet this flop against one opponent.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:13 AM

ok, I was completly wrong about the blinds... about the cb I am not that sure anyway
Old 08-19-2005, 11:21 AM

This was a toughy for me as i was getting good odds 2:1 and potentially had 15 outs. Altho as tigerite said they are at best dirty.

Within the timeframe allowed i quickly tried to consider what hands he would have.

AA-QQ = very unlikely as im almost positive i would have seen a re-raise here especially as he would be playing out of position from the sb.

JJ-22 = more possible altho i reckon JJ-TT might still have been re-raised. His all-in bet could be a belief that i had two high cards and his mid-low pair had me or it could be his made trips wanted to drive a draw away with 3 spades on the board.

Asx, = also likely a semi-bluff with the nut flush draw would make sense with his all-in bet.

Ksx = not that likely apart from maybe AK with the K being the spade altho again i might expect a raise pre-flop with this. I doubt that he would have called with KJ or lower so a KQ is a possiblility.

My math is not quick enough and for some reason i believed that it was most likely that he held a mid-pair and that my 15 outs were good and that at the least my 9 flush outs were good so i called.

Please berate me about my thinking here as i believe there to be many flaws.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:42 AM

You should reduce your outs by about a half to a third, I would say 10 outs is more realistic here at best.