Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 07:52 AM

Default wuts ur leak????

everyone has leaks in their game....some leaks are very more costly than other...in the long run......ill start....i think i cold too many raises pf with pocket pairs
wuts ur biggest leak when its early and the raises arent ludacris......
Old 08-19-2005, 08:14 AM

Default Re: wuts ur leak????

Trying to get too fancy.

I'm used to playing european daytime when the play is somewhat tighter and it's possible to make some plays, but during the more crowded hours i sometimes forget to change my game.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:47 AM

My leak is/was dipping into my bankroll. Playing the 33s and almost ready to move up to 55s, I took 2 vacations, which were sweet, but left me short of poker cash, short as in zero. I thought I just would be able to move right back up. Well, I forgot how long it took me to get there in the first place. So now (a.k.a. this time) I went back through the 6s (for about 2 sets to make 50 bucks on top of my 50 deposit - lucky start) --> 11s -->22s --> run real goot --> 33s for like 5 seconds again --> 22s coz i dropped a few buyins at the 33s and want to be comfy, then I run reallly bad --> 11s coz I dropped 32 buyins (suckola) at the 22s --> 22s now that I made that 32 back up. It took a while, and if I just had been more patient with my non-poker life, I could now be in the 55s full time almost for sure. As it is, and due to my schedule, that's still a couple of months away.

So I guess this is my "move up, don't dip into your bankroll" story. Whether it's vacation, craps, or skrippahs, It's a leak, and it's been my biggest.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:09 AM

Large credit card debt and being a bum student.

I build up solid rolls, then have to withdraw them to cover payments, rent, alcohol, pizza, alcohol etc.

Phill
Old 08-19-2005, 11:35 AM

My biggest leak is open pushing hands in the range 88-JJ, AJ-A9 late in the game (e.g. 5-6 players, 100/200 blinds) when I have an average stack (not a short stack) to pick up the blinds. As the saying goes, you can only be called by a better hand (and some worse!). Some may argue that this isn't a leak and you have to do this to stay alive, but I have lost OOTM so many times like this that I have to assume it's a leak.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Large credit card debt and being a bum student.

I build up solid rolls, then have to withdraw them to cover payments, rent, alcohol, pizza, alcohol etc.

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...ive used 90% of my poker winning for vacations and CC debt. Which is why I still have to play the 16s a lot and not the 27s. My new plan is the 75/25 rule...of any winnings, whether MTT, cash, or SNG, 25% will stay for roll building purposes....sorry mastercard. (actually, that makes them happy)

p.s. I also call too many raises PF fishing for a set. Depending on the raise size, this isnt too much of a leak with 1500 starting stack IMO.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My biggest leak is open pushing hands in the range 88-JJ, AJ-A9 late in the game (e.g. 5-6 players, 100/200 blinds) when I have an average stack (not a short stack) to pick up the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, every situation is different, but I'm very happy to open push with 88-JJ with an average stack and blinds of 100-200 at a 5 or 6 handed table. It doesn't get much better than that.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:15 PM

Yeah, however I am being called far too many times with better hands and getting dumped out the tourney, which makes me wonder if I should be playing these differently and having more patience. I dunno, it's just something that's going round my head at the moment.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:33 PM

My biggest leak is that I have a hard time winning even when I start with the best hand! Man, I suck...
Old 08-19-2005, 02:41 PM

Mine is definetly FPS. I try to make way to many moves. Ive been getting better at folding low pp to big raises pf. Ive lost too many chips this way.