Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: how are attractivness and peoples skills related?
people less attractive than the average person generally have the best people skills 3 5.66%
people of average attractivness generally have the best people skills 4 7.55%
People who are more attractive than the average person generally have the best people skills 30 56.60%
there is little or no correlation between attractiveness and people skills 16 30.19%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Bubble fun with KQ..

people have been talking about not enough content on this forum lately blah blah so i been tryin to stir some shtuff up.. heres another one..

***** Hand History for Game 2528814772 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $50 Buy-in + $5 Entry Fee Trny:14805443 Level:5 Blinds(75/150) - Saturday, August 13, 15:56:09 EDT 2005
Table Table 14534 (Real Money)
Seat 7 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 2: fatdongs ( $1735 )
Seat 3: JoeBlazeNYC ( $4010 )
Seat 4: nckstradamus ( $1330 )
Seat 6: Busting_Nuts ( $605 )
Seat 7: Itachi86 ( $2320 )
Trny:14805443 Level:5
Blinds(75/150)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Itachi86 [ Kc Qh ]
nckstradamus folds.
Busting_Nuts folds.
>You have options at Table 19563 Table!.
Itachi86 raises [400].
fatdongs folds.
JoeBlazeNYC calls [250].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 4h, Ac, 9d ]
JoeBlazeNYC checks.
Itachi86

now we have a poll.. and a new discussion. holla
Old 08-13-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Bubble fun with KQ..

I'd bet 450 and expect a fold... Big stacks tend to defend with very little in these situations.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:37 PM

This completely depends on the player for me. I think checking or betting around t450-500 are both reasonable. I'd tend to bet against a loose preflop player who is a weak postflop player. I'd almost definitely check against a solid BB who could easily take me off the hand even without the ace. I'd be hesitant against an overly aggressive type too -- I don't like putting too many chips in jeapardy here since you're sitting very comfortably right now. I'm voting to check, since I'd probably do that slightly more often than betting, since you're still 2nd in chips even if you get taken off the hand.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:48 PM

I don't see how you can check here, a continuation bet really is in order. A lot of players will defend their blinds to a position raise like this with a very wide range, and most of that range will have missed this flop. It takes a very gutsy player to play back at a preflop raiser with nothing when there's an ace on the board.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:02 PM

I would bet some 600 ish.
300 looks like a steal pot for me and it's the big stack in front of me.
If he reraises me with my 300 bet I am very afraid that is a bluff, but the fold is forced.
1300 stack would be still a nice stack to play with on a reraise.

I am really interested by your point of view here.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:17 PM

Bet more than 300, but not 600. I like to put myself in a position where if i can raised out of the hand, i'm in GOOD shape in terms of stack sizes. 1500 is still plenty to maneuver with. Also, along the lines of what newt said, it takes heart to play back at continuation bet when there's an A on board.

Now here's my question-- how would u play KK-TT in this scenario? At what point do your cards start to matter?

I remember talking w/ raptor, and him saying that he DOES NOT mind getting down to 5x BB. I start to panic when i hit 5-6xBB. (Although recently i've gone 1/8 at the $55's after letting myself get down to 3x BB in a few of 'em.) So again, i'd like to reiterate, i like to leave myself w// a stack with which i can maneuver comfortably. Also, personally, i fold this preflop, because your stack size is in that no man's land range.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:24 PM

this is so highly player dependent
Old 08-13-2005, 06:33 PM

I like preflop because I don't think you can fold this on the button. 400 is fine. On the flop I really think you do need a continuation bet for alot of the reasons newt said. The ace makes it so hard for him to play back at you that I think you take it down here a large portion of the time. As for the bet size I say make it just over half the pot because it's enough to fold a hand, but still leaves you with alot afterwards. I think a half pot bet looks stronger than a pot bet here for sure. If I had an ace I wouldn't go potting it. Obviously no more chips go in after this bet.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:39 PM

I like preflop, was going to say bet more but you are in EP and still want to be able to get away from your hand.

A 300 bet on the flop will get rid of all hands that would fold to a 600 bet so 600 is useless. If your called I give up and check fold the next street. All in is a waste, may be seen as a desperation move and no one who has a strong A and maybe even a weak A will fold. Your only chance to win is a smallish continuation bet

You still have enough chips to play on from this point. You are going to have to take risks but I clawed my way up from 200 with 8 left to 2nd place today so it can be done.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:18 PM

I continuation bet 4-500 knowing the big stack could be calling with a ton of non ace hands trying to hit some sort of flop with any two. Also knowing that he probably will stab at the pot on the turn if you check behind on the flop. If hes check raising bite the bullet...you still have a decent stack, take the clock and say something about how this happens every time you have kings and that your going to bust him....or something