Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 08:56 AM

Default OOT Moderator

If anybody cares or wants to be assigned there, I'm willing to add one. I'd like the person to be chosen via poll with a decision being made at 300 votes.

There can either be a nomination process, or you can just create the poll. In either case one poll option should be to leave things as they currently stand.

I think things have actually gone well with myself only, but I know Dynasty seemed to feel strongly this was not enough.

And Dynasty, your contest is fine, but you should probably get the other mods to agree not to change peoples' colors while it's taking place. Otherwise it sorta loses its punch.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: OOT Moderator

I agree OOT needs another mod. If it's only 1 mod I think Dynasty would obviously be the best choice. I'm willing to do it, but my future over the next couple of months is uncertain.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:22 PM

If Dynasty wants to do it, I think he would get the most support. Posters in OOT generally seem to agree that things were pretty good when Dynasty and wacki were handling things.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:18 PM

As I said, if anyone wants to do it, they can put up a poll. I'm not sure I like the idea, so I'm not going to do the poll, but I will listen to the results.

Also, when Wacki and dynasty were doing it, I got daily complaints. That's why I tried to change things in the first place.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:53 PM

Mat:
"As I said, if anyone wants to do it, they can put up a poll. I'm not sure I like the idea, so I'm not going to do the poll, but I will listen to the results."

If nobody has put one up by later tonight, I'll start a poll.
Anyone else (mods) who would like to be considered should speak up in this thread. It just doesn't seem like there are many 'non-mods' who would do a good job with OOT.

Mat:
"Also, when Wacki and dynasty were doing it, I got daily complaints. That's why I tried to change things in the first place."

I think people now recognize how much better things were before the anonymous mods experiment, but they can speak for themselves once the poll is posted. For all I know, they might think the best option is leaving everything to you, Mat.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Also, when Wacki and dynasty were doing it, I got daily complaints. That's why I tried to change things in the first place.
Awesome.

What was the most complaints about, the modding or our controversial posts?

Also, I assume my posts had way more complaints?

This is giving me a thread idea... (don't worry it's innocent).
Old 08-11-2005, 08:16 PM

I think things have actually gone well with myself only, but I know Dynasty seemed to feel strongly this was not enough.

I think you've read too much into a couple PMs and moderator notifications.

As I've said before, I'm happy to be an OOT moderator so that I can boot out the spam and poker content (and now politics and sports).
Old 08-11-2005, 08:22 PM

Quote:
And Dynasty, your contest is fine, but you should probably get the other mods to agree not to change peoples' colors while it's taking place. Otherwise it sorta loses its punch.
I suggest that Dynasty (if he is the new OOT mod) run these contests once a week in OOT. The other mods can offer suggestions for what the contest is.

It would be unfortunate if more than one poster gets the "special color" treatment at the same time.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:24 PM

I didn't know you were still a mod, Green.

How does that work?
Old 08-12-2005, 12:36 AM

I was getting frequent complaints that you guys were on a power trip and taking content moderation too far.

Anyway, it's really up to you guys and the oot frequenters.

I will take whatever action a poll mandates> I nominate Dynasty to create it. I just want one option to be myself only, and a decision will be made when the vote reaches 300.