Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Bet size question

This was on eurobet and there HH as far as I know doesn't work. Blinds are 25/50 and I (500) check my option with 43 suited. Flop comes 1052 with 2 of my suit, check check and player bets 100 into a 150 pot, fold and I check raise to 350 and he takes a minute to call. I put my last 150 in after a K turn, he calls and I get an ace on the river. My wheel is beaten by his broadway. I like to experiment with bet sizes as I think a bet to 70% of my chips looks more like a made hand than an allin in a 250 chip pot. Anybody have an opinion on varying bet sizes with made hands/draws/stealing blinds.

I know people say that you should always go allin if you would call an allin on a reraise but if you bet 55%+ of their chips every once in a while it brings up a question mark which IMO gets a fold out of weak aces/small pairs (potentially)that you don't want.

PS- I said I was 70% to win the hand after the flop and I was called stupid by no less than 3 people after the hand ended. Not to mention getting called a moron by two more people for calling an allin bet (1000) in a 650 chip pot with AJ after a KK2 flop after better's Q7 spades hit on the river. I think I need to turn off the chat.