Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 10:44 PM

Default Tips for tight SNG\'s ? High Blinds, 9-8 players

Lately alot of the SNG's i've been playing at PP (11's) have been extremely tight. Blinds getting up to 100-200 (sometimes 200-400) with 7-9 players still left. Obviously i need to be stealing more blinds in this situation but what do i do if there are constant early position limpers. Should i still be trying to steal with mediocore hands like (a9 or 55), should i still be pushing.
Any other advice for playing in high blind situations with lots of players left?
Old 08-09-2005, 11:14 PM

Default Re: Tips for tight SNG\'s ? High Blinds, 9-8 players

bump
Old 08-10-2005, 12:00 AM

Push more with mediocre hands with good position.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:07 AM

i believe your move should be to move up to 22. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

all jokes aside, imo, it is best to wait till you are clear of limpers. in a very tight game, there shouldn't be a lot of limpers.

but if there are constantly a few limpers in the pot, and you always find 6-7 players left in the high blinds rounds, then i am afraid you are confusing passive with tight. i suspect if that's true, the situation might be that many ppl limp, but rarely bet or bet big. lots of checking after flop. etc.

if what i suspect is true, then you should find out if they are capable of calling a big raise after limping. if most are likely to fold after limp, then you should just move in with some hands to rob them clean. to find out information, just raise to 100 when the blinds are 15 and many limped. if they fold once or twice, then u'd know for later rounds. but do it with the better hands.

that's what i feel. but i am very new to N/L sngs.

- Kenny
Old 08-10-2005, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...but if there are constantly a few limpers in the pot, and you always find 6-7 players left in the high blinds rounds, then i am afraid you are confusing passive with tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

VERY good point IMO. ever conscious of your reads & the stacks limping and those to act...look to let it rip with a hand that has a chance to the flop (JTs type stuff...assuming you're not finding better). a well-timed move over the limpers at this blind level will effectively double you up -- put the breaks on and go back to open-stealing blinds.