Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 08:36 PM

Default Noob Challenge: 12k in 60 days (day 0)

I loved the old Schneids/Gonores Challenge posts. Now I'm not nearly the player that they are, however, I think setting up a challenge would be beneficial. I play mostly 2/4 limit on Party skins, so I figured 12k would be a good number, since it's 1/5th the money of the 60k challenges. And those guys played 10/20 which is five times what I play in terms of money.

Also, this will force me to log in hours diligently and I hope to become a much better player two months from now (and maybe joining the high rollers at 3/6 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).

I think I can do this 4-tabling 8 hours/day. I'll try to break up the task into two or more sessions per day. I figure an afternoon session for about 3-4 hours, and an equal evening session. I also want to take time out of the day to improve my poker game, so that'll consist of browsing 2+2 & maybe finishing Inside the Poker Mind. I'm worried that I will burn out/get lazy/etc. I'm not sure if I need to schedule days off, or should I just take a day off when I feel like it. Or should I just suck it up and play thru my laziness.

I've been taking poker seriously for about a year on & off, so I'm definitely still relatively new to the game. I think I'm at the level that many SSers & MLers are at. I'd like to take my game up another notch, so I think I need to go about this like a professional and dedicate time & energy to improving.

Since it's August 8th, I think I'll start tomorrow (already procrastinating), and this personal challenge will go on from 8/9/05 - 10/9/05.

If anyone would like to join me in my challenge, so we can support/challenge each other, than plz reply or PM if you'd like.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Noob Challenge: 12k in 60 days (day 0)

I'm not so sure I like this idea. Something like 1/4 of the way through, if you are on schedule, you will be way over bankrolled and should move up.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not so sure I like this idea. Something like 1/4 of the way through, if you are on schedule, you will be way over bankrolled and should move up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine he can move up during the challenge.

I'm contemplating doing this with you; after the last couple of months I need some motivation to get hands in. I play mostly 5/10, but I two-table at most, so it seems close to a reasonable goal.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine he can move up during the challenge.

I'm contemplating doing this with you; after the last couple of months I need some motivation to get hands in. I play mostly 5/10, but I two-table at most, so it seems close to a reasonable goal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I plan on doing this too, 4tabling 3/6 6max and moving up to 5/10 once I regain my confidence/bankroll.

Should be fun.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:07 PM

i will do this with you. well the 12k/60 days part.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I like the idea of moving [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Now I don't know how this will turn out, but one of the reasons for doing this is so I could move up to the 3/6 6-max games with a good bankroll (anyone know how much roll is needed for that game?). I hopefully will be taking shots at that game, but my SH game is non-existant, and I hear the 3/6 full game isn't really worth it. Mainly, by the end of all this, I will be able to look back and say, I'm a much better player than I was when I started, and I got some money to comfortably take shots at the higher games.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:28 PM

You do realize that to accomplish this task means 2k hands a day at 2.5 BB/100 for 60 days. There's a reason schneids and gonores failed in their attempts. Not to be a downer, but I predict a lot of people going cool I'll do this too, and few if any actually succeeding. 3000 BBs in 60 days plain and simple is a shitload.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's a reason schneids and gonores failed in their attempts.

[/ QUOTE ]

And here's a hint: it wasn't because they suck at poker. This is one heck of a tough quest.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's a reason schneids and gonores failed in their attempts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure Schneids failed because he's a T-Wolves fan, and thus failure came naturally.

I think I can at least come close at 5/10, and even if it just motivates me to play a load of hands in the first 30 days before giving up, that's fine.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You do realize that to accomplish this task means 2k hands a day at 2.5 BB/100 for 60 days. There's a reason schneids and gonores failed in their attempts. Not to be a downer, but I predict a lot of people going cool I'll do this too, and few if any actually succeeding. 3000 BBs in 60 days plain and simple is a shitload.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya to clarify I will be playing at my own limits