Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 01:50 AM

Default How do I \"clean\" my computer and download Empire?

I have read that you can't download Empire and sign up for a new account at a skin if you already have an account at Party. Is all I need to do is uninstall PP, download and signup for Empire, and then re-download PP? Any step by step advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Re: How do I \"clean\" my computer and download Empire?

Reboot your computer in dos mode
get a command prompt, type in "format c:" without quotes.

Reinstall winblows.
Clean computer, install empire, be happy.

Repeat as often as necessary.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:23 AM

Noooo, that erases everything. Just goto a different computer to sign up...don't reformat ur whole C drive. jeez, lol.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:47 PM

The first thing I usually do is dust off my monitor, then I get one of those air things to blow all the crap out of my keyboard. I used to have to clean my trackball too but I have an optical mouse now so I can skip that step now. Good luck!
Old 08-07-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The first thing I usually do is dust off my monitor, then I get one of those air things to blow all the crap out of my keyboard. I used to have to clean my trackball too but I have an optical mouse now so I can skip that step now. Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don;t be such a smartass!!! He meant the interior of the computer.

I have a DELL and usually call DELL Support and have them walk me through a hard drive reformat. That will clean up your computer
Old 08-07-2005, 01:54 PM

most computers come w/ a recovery/reformat disk. if you have one, its easy to reformat from it. the real value of doing that isnt to sign up for EP. just use somebody else's machine. it'll clean out your computer from all the crap that accumulates on it and tons-o-crap accumulates. its probably a good thing to do at least every once in a while
Old 08-07-2005, 03:41 PM

i have a very noobish question about this...

if i sign up for empire on another computer (and i already have a partypoker account), can i use igmpay to take out/deposit money into the same bank account that i use with party? or will they not let me do that?

thanks
Old 08-07-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have a very noobish question about this...

if i sign up for empire on another computer (and i already have a partypoker account), can i use igmpay to take out/deposit money into the same bank account that i use with party? or will they not let me do that?

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

i have an account at each of the party skins and i use all the same info for each one-neteller account incl. as far as i know if u can deposit/withdraw on one skin then u can on them all using the same method.

as far as i know all u need to do is sign up for each one on a clean computer and the rest will be no problem.

its really just an annoying technical issue re signing up on the same computer to each skin cos party support knows about each of ur accounts at each skin and they would much rather u play on their server than go to a completely different site.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:29 PM

Yeah, this is all very fun but it's not an out of line question. OK, I have a specific question about installing a new party skin when I already have several installed.

I've successfully used the registry trick in the past, but I understand it doesn't work any more. Under Windows XP home, can I simply create a new user account and install the party skin from the "clean" account? Has anyone done this?

I know it sounds wierd but I really don't have another computer to go to, I need to get creative with what I have.

Thanks,

cbf
Old 08-13-2005, 07:46 PM

I believe the registry is not user specific, so registry entries will not be 'hidden' from the skin you are installing. Ask in the computer tech forum.