Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Probability
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 12:20 AM

Default Multiple Flush Draw Possibilities

An issue brought up in a hand post in Micro-limits forum is the % of time another flush draw will be out against you flush draw on the flop.

Example:

Hero holds 65 of diamonds on a AQ8 two diamond flop.

What are the odds of another flush draw being out there as well (Only counting a player with two diamonds in their hand, not counting a player with one diamond and a backdoor flush draw.) [Assuming a ten handed game]

I am nowhere near capable of doing the math and a search produced nothing.

Thank You,

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2005, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Multiple Flush Draw Possibilities

i don't know where the post is (a search would find it) but it was determined that, on a 4-6 person table, the probability that at least two people have a flush (using both hole cards) by the river is approximately 0.2%

so very small... approximately 500:1
Old 08-07-2005, 03:10 AM

Default Re: Multiple Flush Draw Possibilities

[ QUOTE ]
An issue brought up in a hand post in Micro-limits forum is the % of time another flush draw will be out against you flush draw on the flop.

Example:

Hero holds 65 of diamonds on a AQ8 two diamond flop.

What are the odds of another flush draw being out there as well (Only counting a player with two diamonds in their hand, not counting a player with one diamond and a backdoor flush draw.) [Assuming a ten handed game]

I am nowhere near capable of doing the math and a search produced nothing.

Thank You,

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont even think its possible to figure out the answer to your question UNLESS you reword it.

For example, you and your opponent both hold pocket cards that are suited hearts, while no one else got hearts. You could therefore find the probability of a flush draw flopping, and the probability that both of you finish your flushes.

I dont see how you could find the answer unless you assume no one else holds some of the flush cards, in which case it would be pretty easy.

Its also important to word your question if both your cards are suited, or just one is suited while the flop comes all hearts or what not.