Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 04:54 AM

Default Absolute vs Party, Quality of STT?

I am thinking about playing some STT at Absolute to bonus whore a bit and wanted to get impressions from other people about how hard or easy they are compared to Party's.

Also they seem to fill up much slower, does this present a problem to get a table sometimes? What's the longest you've had to wait (for the $30 tables, or thereabouts)?

Any strategy changes due to 9 instead of 10 players?

Are the starting chips the same, and if not, how do you play differently (roughly) from Party?

Thanks.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:16 AM

Default Re: Absolute vs Party, Quality of STT?

Ive played at both sites (mostly party), heres my take.

1. Bonus whore off STT?? If I'm not mistaken, dont you only get 1 point for each dollar in fee? And its 100 points for $10?? Playing ring games helps you clear that alot faster, STT seems like a waste.

2. Absolute players are ALOT better than party.

3. Absolute gives you twice as many starting chips(1500), and I think the blinds go up slower. So this gives you more time for deeper play which favors good players. But keep in mind that the games last longer, so I dont know if more chips will help or hinder your $$/hour.

4. Youll probably become a better player at Absolute, but youll probably not make as much money.

Ive been at both sites, and I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] PARTY =)

-Brian
Old 08-07-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Absolute vs Party, Quality of STT?

Yeah, good point the games would then be a lot slower hence lower $/hr. Anyone know how long the avg. STT at Absolute is compared to (I think) about 40-45 minutes at Party?

How many tournaments have you played at Absolute? I've had the occasional run of 10-20 tournaments in a row at Party where they've felt pretty rough [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BW'ing wise, the points work out to $3 for a $30 entrance fee tournament. Seems massive (compared to my roi of perhaps $6 each...). Rakeback would add another $0.75/game...