Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Stars 10+1 - set w/ 3 spades

And i didnt have one. I flopped a set of 10's w/ the 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Late in tourney, im chip leader (by a small margin) and im raised into. I figured to have outs to a boat even if i was drawing against a flush but what was more likey was up against a draw as the raiser was L/A.
I reraised him all-in and he quickly called w/ 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I cant even explain to you how silly that call was as he was looking at drawing dead to a big spade and 2 overs but as it was he made a mistake w/ the best draw and won w/ a 6-high flush after the turn and the river both spades that didnt pair.
Would flat calling and then folding be a more positive or negative play here? I personally think that folding a set of 10's on the flop would have been incorrect but im not convinced that raising was so great either.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Stars 10+1 - set w/ 3 spades

you went all-in, please do not post anymore bad beats.

good play, bad results, end of discussion.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Stars 10+1 - set w/ 3 spades

Thanks, I think [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I didnt think it was a bad beat necessarily, checking and calling/folding against L/A player who is obviously drawing to a flush and yu dont have a flush draw would be an acceptable play, maybe not the most positive but straightforward.