Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2003, 11:32 PM

Default Fall Asleep

I know nothing about true stragety for no or pot limit so I'm gonna give you mine which shows me a small profit in the way of alot of small losing session with huge wins sprinkled in. I fall asleep. I play nothing but A's K's Q's and AK and AKsuited until I reach the cutoff and button and then I unleash playing unnormally loose. I also act the part of a gambler too with these hands making sure I do alot of showing of my whole cards. This image in most games gets me alot of action when I pick up one of the bigger hands in other positions often getting me raised and me in return going all-in or betting the pot. Just wanted to share, good luck at the tables or in the computer chair
Old 03-13-2003, 09:43 AM

Default Re: Fall Asleep

This is a joke, right? Either that or the game you play in is very juicy. You're lucky to have opponents who 'fall asleep' and don't notice this pattern. My home game is a little more aware.

-L
Old 03-13-2003, 09:50 AM

My home game is 'juicy' too but most people would catch on it except the 5-6 biggest fish (out of more then 20 rotating players)

But then again, some fish told me couple time I'm booring cause every time i'm in a pot I got a strong hand but he always pay me anyway! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] lol

-Happy [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2003, 06:45 PM

I play mostly online (low limits). I think most of the players dont pick up on things like this like they would in a live game IMO.
Old 03-16-2003, 12:22 AM

I've been known to only bring premium hands into flops, be it big bet or limit, and online nobody seems to give more respect to my bets and rasies than anyone else. Whereas when I stepped into a B&M Holdem game, my freind and I got dubbed the picture boys, because they found out we stuck to mainly picture cards. I don't think people are paying much attention to who folds in low limit games online.