Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 02:08 AM

Default I suck when I miss my flush draw

Party 10/20

Hand 1
------------------------------------------------------
Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG+1 opens, button cold calls, SB folds, I call.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
I bet, EP raises, Button cold calls, I 3-bet--call--call.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
I bet, they both call.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
I check, EP bets, Button calls, I ...

Hand 2
------------------------------------------------------
Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG limps, 2 more limpers, 1 fold, Button limps, I complete, BB checks.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG bets, MP folds, Button raises, I call 2, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG bets, button calls, I call

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG bets, Button raises , I...

Anyone see any better wasy to play these?
Old 08-02-2005, 02:26 AM

Default Re: I suck when I miss my flush draw

Hand 1 I probably lead the river in the thick of battle but the way you played it you have to call.

Hand 2 I think you played too passively, definately 3bet button's raise on the flop and play it from there. Fold the river in your situation.

EDIT: I play 5/10 and didn't see that these were 10/20, not sure if that changes the way I'd have played them though.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:21 AM

I'm raising A9 suited against limpers from SB or BB every time(unless I know an early player loves to limp big hands). I'm leading the flop with my pair of aces every time as well.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:35 AM

Hand 1: I check raise the flop. If I played it like you did, I'd unhappily lead the river.

Hand 2: I'd 3-bet the flop.

These hands are bizarre. Your style is alien to me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2005, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
These hands are bizarre. Your style is alien to me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The real problem is that it feels alien to me too cause i just came back from a month off like 10 days ago.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:44 AM

I would most often bet the river on hand 1, since u are in command of this pot and there are no big theats for a checkraise. I rather bet out on the river then call

Hand 2. I would also trebet the flop and bet turn. it they still called me I would probably give up the pot at the river. In your case I would have folded.