Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Tricky Pot Odds Hand (50+5)

Anybody have a link to a working Converter?

So given that I'm getting ~2.5:1 and I'd be calling these two all-ins for ~1/3rd of my chips? I'd think in all liklihood one should have an overpair to my 7, no?

***** Hand History for Game 2463503390 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $50 Buy-in + $5 Entry Fee Trny:14468459 Level:5 Blinds(75/150) - Tuesday, August 02, 00:09:58 EDT 2005
Table Table 22367 (Real Money)
Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 7
Seat 4: KYPokerman1 ( $1292 )
Seat 7: The_Who70 ( $2185 )
Seat 8: awpeh ( $3090 )
Seat 10: razzinu ( $723 )
Seat 3: TheLage ( $1656 )
Seat 2: DOC4FACE ( $336 )
Seat 9: Tonyflip ( $718 )
Trny:14468459 Level:5
Blinds(75/150)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to TheLage [ 4s 7d ]
KYPokerman1 folds.
The_Who70 folds.
awpeh folds.
>You have options at Table 22501 Table!.
Tonyflip folds.
razzinu is all-In [723]
DOC4FACE is all-In [261]
>You have options at Table 22501 Table!.
TheLage ???
Old 08-02-2005, 12:20 AM

Default Re: Tricky Pot Odds Hand (50+5)

You would need 28% equity to make this call. I don't think you have it. I would fold.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:24 AM

Easy fold, not even close.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:29 AM

So YOU are TheLage.. hahaha. nh.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:30 AM

Degen cmon man, the guy raised almost 5x your BB and you hvae 73o. Am I reading the hand wrong or something?

I don't mean to be an [censored] but your post makes zero sense. First of all you say one of them is likely to have an OVERPAIR to your 7. This is completely ridiculous, they are two short stacks putting all their money in from the button and the SB. There is absolutely no reason why they would be "LIKELY" to have an overpair, and it's also completely irrelevant, because calling is hideously bad anyway.

Sorry to be harsh I just know you are trying to go pro and I have no idea what you are thinking here.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:43 AM

Degen,

You really like these calling with good odds but reall bad hands, don't you? This isn't the first time I've seen this from you.

Here I think it's out of the question...you're so far behind both of your opponents and like at best 23% to win the showdown...also, you gain equity folding here anyway!!!

For the love of all that is donkable in STTs...fold man!

Yugoslav
Old 08-02-2005, 01:49 AM

Don't get too caught up in odds.

Even if you have pot odds to make a call, it does not always make it correct to do so IN TOURNAMET PLAY.

Here, you don't have close to the odds anyway, but if you keep thinking along these lines, there won't be many hands you will fold to allins, and you slowly become a fish.

Fold, please! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2005, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Anybody have a link to a working Converter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Remove the word "Texas" at the beginning of the HH and it should work.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Degen cmon man, the guy raised almost 5x your BB and you hvae 73o. Am I reading the hand wrong or something?

I don't mean to be an [censored] but your post makes zero sense. First of all you say one of them is likely to have an OVERPAIR to your 7. This is completely ridiculous, they are two short stacks putting all their money in from the button and the SB. There is absolutely no reason why they would be "LIKELY" to have an overpair, and it's also completely irrelevant, because calling is hideously bad anyway.

Sorry to be harsh I just know you are trying to go pro and I have no idea what you are thinking here.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the feedback...for the record i did indeed fold here, the principle i was referring to was the maxim:

If you are getting 2:1 for your money and it is 1/3rd of your stack or less to call...you should call with any two cards...and I do this all the time, and it works out very well over the long run.

The problem here is that there are TWO people all-in, so i'm thinking that one of them most likely has an overpair to my high card...meaning that if say one had AJ and one had 66, it isn't outside of the realm of reasonable possiblity that I will win the pot...whereas if one has 99 and one has A6, there is almost no chance I will win...

I was looking to be told it was the proper fold...not the proper call lol
Old 08-02-2005, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Degen,

You really like these calling with good odds but reall bad hands, don't you? This isn't the first time I've seen this from you.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am caught. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Really I just like any 'rules' to follow, so my play can be as automatic and robotic as possible. Here, as I replied to curtains, this is a 2:1 1/3rd any two issue...but there are two of them so...???

I also like the 5/10 rule (if its 5% or less of yours and their stack call any raise/bet PF w/ any PP...or if it is over 10% of yours or their stack, don't call w/ small PP's) and other assorted rules. They're fun [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]