Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 10:33 PM

Default Proper line with low TPTK?

Pokerroom $10+1

MP (t955)
CO (t1640)
Button (t1975)
Hero (t1860)
BB (t935)
EP (t2235)
EP+1 (t5400)

Blinds 25/50

Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

EP limps, 1 fold, MP limps, 1 fold, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 players, t250 in pot) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero scratches head.

Very basic hand, I'm sure. Not worth much from a chip standpoint, but I'd like to understand it more.

Do I even bet this? I'm behind to almost any PP that limped - 22 and 55 are setted up, 66 as unlikely as it is setted up, and everything else crushes me. 33 and 44 are the only PPs I have beat, and there's a flush draw out there.

I'm just check/folding, right?

Or it worth betting once?

--yasher
Old 08-01-2005, 10:42 PM

Default Re: Proper line with low TPTK?

I think you can either check and see the action, or bet and shut down from there. Against 4 opponents, I don't like driving the betting, I like seeing what happens, planning to fold a lot of things.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:43 PM

I'm betting about half the pot at this, folding to a raise, and shutting down UI if called.

Edit: Somehow I missed all the limpers and thought it was three-way w/ the SB and button. I'd tend to check-call a small bet and reevaluate on the turn, tending to fold at any point if there's any significant action.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:26 PM

I don't bother, any kind of smooth call and your giving a free turn card and barring a non club ace or another 6 you have to give it up to any kind of strength on the turn or river. These type of hands aren't worth it in my opinion.